Does the Wii have a DVD player???

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Does the Wii have a DVD player. I am not sure of it because the disc are not the same size as a DVD disc. But I hope Nintendo does have one!!

Posted

The last I heard, it would be an add-on feature. That was quite a while back though so things may have changed. At the time they were wanting to keep it separate to reduce costs. I sure would like it to include one though since I currently use my PS2 and it stinks. :D

Posted

Im pretty sure the plan is to have an add-on for one still, shouldn;t be too much more though...

Posted

I DIFFENITLY think wii will come with DVD player to take your mind off of gaming for it :)

Posted

It has been confirmed there will be DVD player of some sorts. :D

WHICH IS GREAT :D

Posted

ow... I heared the DVD-player will be standart... becuse the Wii disks are a special type of DVD-disks...

it woudn't be that hard to make e DVD player of a DVD-reader... don't you think?

Posted

It will be an add-on because i think that nintnedo is aware that lots of people already have DVD players so they wouldn't need one, but they're leaving it as a fairly cheap add-on for the people who do.

Posted

i have three DVD players... and still i think Wii should have one to. But if it would be an Add-on, than how??

i mean... someone should instal the dvd-player in your Wii, or at least should instal a program on the Wii harddisk... and i know nintendo, i don't think they want anybody to mess with the hard-disk of their programs... It wouldn't be Hacker proof... but... an add-on... you might be right :D

Posted

it issn't costing much more for a DVD player, the Blue-raid Double layer disks the Wii plays(yes those things are even BIGGER THAN DVD'S) are just the same as a normal DVD, but... way bigger... so, if you play a DVD(game) why can't play a DVD (video) it doesn't make sence...

Posted

the wii doesn;t play blu-ray (i think that's what you meant :blink: ) only the ps3 does, but the wii disks ARE duel layered. Blu-ray costs tons more though which is why i think it's a bad idea.

Posted

<_< Argh, what is the problem these days? I miss back when game systems were for playing games...At least it'll be an add-on this time, which is plenty fine with me. ^.^

Posted

well even if it issn't blu-ray, (issn't property of sony, the concept is solled to any-one who wants to use it,they are going to make big money on that) it will still be a DVD for the games, so a DVD player woudn't be such a problem... i think the sale would go up in stead of down by making DVD-player inclusive...

and i still don't see why don't make a DVD player of it, when the needed hardware is there... ready for use

Posted

with a DVD player, it would cost at least an extra

Posted

Well, I hope that they would add a DVD to Wii. So what if most people have dvd players?if you bought a ps2, you would have a DVD player and it would be no waste of a person's moneyu in the first place

Posted

yes it would because you'd be paying an extra