Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Third Zelda 64

16 posts in this topic

Posted

What if -against all logic- there had been a third Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo 64? What do you think it would have been like? The plot? The items? Would Nintendo have receycled OoT's characters for a third time or created all new models? Would Link return to Hyrule to find it in a dire situation, or would the game center around his journey home? Another entirely new land all together? Does he still have the masks? Would it be another Young Link story, or would he be an adult like the second half of OoT?

I know this is pretty useless to discuss (and boardering dangerously on fan fiction), but methinks that it's pretty fun to think about. . .

Posted

If they made another one, they'd either

1) REALLY REALLY have to rush it and it would be a piece of crap

2) Abort making it since N64 game sales plummeted after Gamecube release.

Posted

I know. This is just for fun though, even if it's not logically possible.

Posted

Who is to say that it's not logically possible? They have the equipment, do they not?

Personally, If I were in charge of the project. I would make the story a whole new legend unrelated to the events of the 'Ocarina of Time' timeline, and it would MOST LIKELY take place in The Land of Hyrule. New character models/textures would be made, including a whole set of new characters as well as pre-existing characters. Masks would play a role in the game, but not as big a role as they did in 'Majora's Mask'. Most likely going along the lines of the OOT mask side-quest! Each mask would have their own individual power and gaining use to the mask would be much more challenging than it was in OOT. The Link would be a young Link, but not the same one from OOT/MM. A different child, totally unrelated to either of them. As I have said, I would remodel the characters... Probably prefering Link to be a tad bit older.

I would most likely utilize the "fairy" targetting mechanic again, as previous N64 Zelda titles have... I find it a lot more interesting than the arrows used in 'Wind Waker' and 'Twilight Princess'. Despite the fairy being a forest fairy, Link would not have grown in the forests. He would have been a natural born Hylian growing up in a Hylian habitat. I also have considered making him a native to the land of "Calatia" as he was in the first installment.

Posted

it would be cool if they had a third one.

they could make one

Posted

It would be his journey home. He would have to climb cliffs, scale mountains, and defeat the warlock who opened the portal in the first place. Oh, and he would ditch Epona for a sweet dragon-bird. But Epona would come back in the end.

Same graphics, same storyline, new adventure.

The Legend Of Zelda:Return to Hyrule. :unsure:

Posted

It would be his journey home. He would have to climb cliffs, scale mountains, and defeat the warlock who opened the portal in the first place. Oh, and he would ditch Epona for a sweet dragon-bird. But Epona would come back in the end.

I don't think you realize how horrible and unfitting for a Zelda adventure this seems.

Sahaqiel

Posted

If they made another one, they'd either

1) REALLY REALLY have to rush it and it would be a piece of crap

2) Abort making it since N64 game sales plummeted after Gamecube release.

If they made one, they'd abort making it?

What?

But anyway, if they had made a new one, it would either be extraordinarily bad or extremely good. It could go either way.

Posted

Well, i see it this way, even though my opinion probably doesn't matter since i disappear for long periods of time.

its not my fault.

my brand new xbox 360 was taunting me.

anyway, as i see it, they made MM with link as a little kid, so why not make another one except with link in adult form? :)

Posted

This may seem a little thick, but I think that they should tell what happens between when Navi leaves and when he goes on his second 3-d adventure, Majora's Mask. It didn't seem very well explained to me, so I definitely think that they should stretch that out. However, that's just me. As for a progression for the story, I think that they should bring Navi back. I mean like a story where Link has to save Navi or they reunite to go on another adventure. I always did wonder what happened to Navi.

Posted

Wasn't Link looking for Navi in MM? Hm. Maybe......

Posted

Yes, he was looking for Navi in MM.

I would love a 3rd N64 Zelda. It would probably take place after MM maybe in a new land.

Posted

This almost sounds like something out of the side-scrolling Phillips CD-i games that bombed horribly...

Posted

Its not that the CDi games were bad, they were just bad Zelda games:unsure:

Posted

If a third Zelda had been made, I always imagined it would end N64 Link's quest (hopefully with another good Ganon fight) with Navi. I mean, he went to find Navi in the second game, but he never did. Maybe a crossing between the two games? I wouldn't mind seeing Fierce Deity Link vs. Ganon. xD

I just think that Majora's Mask's ending left too much open space, only to be followed by Wind Waker, which took place after Ocarina of Time's storyline.