Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woman Dies Trying to Win a Wii

39 posts in this topic

Posted

[url="http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/kdndslides/"]http://www.sacbee.com/static/newsroom/kdndslides/[/url]

This was the recording from that fatal day. Listen to it and Jennifer's last words on the radio. It's very sad to listen to her before she dies.

Posted

[quote name='Hyrulian_Master' post='25238' date='Jan 16 2007, 04:42 AM']You dumb people. I bet the grand parents wouldn't last a week looking after them. Tending them. Confronting the teachers. I mean, once your parent is dead, your life changes forever. I never had that feeling. But I know that It will happen.[/quote]

I'm not denying that it will change their life. In fact I never said anything to that effect. Though, now that you've brought it up, they are small children. Chances are that they won't even remember much about their mother, if at all. It's usually much more painful when you lose one or both of your parents at an age of 10-13 compared to if it happens when you're 3. And, for future reference, it's hard to make a valid point or manifest an opinion acceptable to others when you've "never had that feeling" or any first (or at [i]least[/i] second) hand experience with a similar situation. Of course, implying that I have had experience to a particularly similar situation.

Also, I saw a picture of the family on the news and there was a father, though it may have been out-dated. Also, the grandparents might not be too old. Some people have fairly young grandparents. Also, the grandparents have taken care of at least one child before, they know what to do. The kids are old enough to have a little independence. Besides, there are plenty of kids that I know that live with their grandparents, or sometimes just one grandparent. And there's not much point of throwing the grandparent thing in my face (or others' who share my opinion) because usually the kids will go to an aunt and/or uncle, or some other person (possibly a family friend) who has been registered as a legal guardian of the child or children.

Posted

WOAH!!!!
:huh:

Posted

That is sick mean and other stuff. Ganondorf wouldnt even make people do that.

Posted

You're right, he wouldn't make them hold their pee. He'd make them drink it. :wacko:

Posted

How horrible...you can't help but feel extremly sorry for the family...what an idiotic contest. They better have gotten sued...

Posted

Someone in the recording had KNOWN that you could die of water intoxication AND brought it up. The DJ's just blew it off saying, "You throw up before you die." This could have been PREVENTED. I can't help put be pissed at the DJ's for not lsitening! They caused the death of a woman, for God's sake!

Posted

Old topic is old.

Posted

:boohoo: Thats very terribly upsetting! );