Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation Mounts That Nintendo is Planning Wii2 Console

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Multiple sources on the web have been reporting in the last few days on the growing speculation that Nintendo is planning on bringing out an HD Wii, possibly even as early as 2010. As this would clearly be very exciting news if proven to be true, we wouldn't be doing our duty if we didn't report on all the chatter, although it should be noted that there is very little concrete information to be had at the moment amidst all the rumour-mongering.

------

[center][img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/wii-hd-coming-2010.jpg[/img][/center]

However, the likes of T3, MCV, Andriasang, MaxConsole and What They Play all have similar stories, with many of them mentioning that the 2nd generation HD Wii would also have a Blue-ray drive and be capable of playing 1080p games and films, just as the PS3 can. Tech Radar is even going so far as to reference the translation of a supposedly leaked document from a Nintendo of France marketing employee which apparently says that the Wii2 will have a worldwide simultaneous release in Q3 of 2010, along with an official trade-in scheme whereby owners of the original Wii will receive a discount off the price of the new console. Here’s hoping that the rumours are actually true, as a Nintendo console with enough processing power to rival the Xbox 360 and the PS3 really would be something to get excited about!

Source: wiichat.com

Posted

I dunno, Reggie firmly, and I mean firmly, denied a Wii HD. Doesn't mean he's telling the truth, but he was pretty serious about it.

Posted

Interview with Rich Hilleman, EA creative officer

[i]Are the consoles in decline? Hilleman acknowledged it has been a struggle for the past two years. He said that Sony and Microsoft nearly expired crossing the finish line as they launched their consoles and probably don’t want to launch new ones anytime soon.[/i]

[i]“I expected we’ll see a PlayStation 3.5 before we see a PlayStation 4 and an Xbox 560 before we see an Xbox 720,

Posted

[quote]“I don’t know how forcefully we can say there is no Wii HD.

Posted

[quote name='Jared!' date='10 November 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1257897421' post='260890']
I think that the Wii is slim enough as it is.
[/quote]
That's my point[img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

Its what marketing doesn't say that's important. [i]“I don’t know how forcefully we can say there is no Wii HD.

Posted

[quote name='Lionheart' date='07 November 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1257638264' post='260529']
I dunno, Reggie firmly, and I mean firmly, denied a Wii HD. Doesn't mean he's telling the truth, but he was pretty serious about it.
[/quote]

Reggie also denied there being a new DSi in the making two days before announcing the DSi XL. Funny.

Posted

Hrrm... I wasn't expecting a new big console until late 2011 early 2012. Hrrm...

If they make a new Wii, Im getting it. No more to say.