Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Eviction goodies

4 posts in this topic

Posted

A month ago, a guy in my building got evicted for not paying his rent. His stuff he stored in the buildings storage place was up for grabs so I went to see what I could "Liberate" from the trash heap and stumbled across the original Star Wars trilogy on Laser Disc! For those who don't know a Laser disc is the granpa of the DVD, it's a disc as big as a record and you need to use two disc's to get the whole movie!

The technology for putting movies on disc's was around in 1989 but it was pushed aside by the cheaper VHS until the technology was improved fifteen years later.

SANY1506_med.JPG

Episode Four: A New Hope

SANY1507_med.JPG

Episode Five: Empire Strikes Back

SANY1508_med.JPG

Episode Six: Return of the Jedi

SANY1509_med.JPG

Laser Disc/DVD size comparison

Posted

Score!

Posted

The cover art for episode 4 is a little... odd.

Still, that's a pretty lucky find. It makes me feel kind of old that I know what laser discs are.

Posted

The cover art for episode 4 is a little... odd.

Still, that's a pretty lucky find. It makes me feel kind of old that I know what laser discs are.

that would be the original episode 4 artwork.

My guess is that there was still the ever-present issue of homosexuality in the late 70s and at the time of creating the artwork they wanted Luke to look as manly as possible.

little did they know that in the 80s, looking overtly manly was quickly becoming a sign for blatant homosexuality.