Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New/Old theory

14 posts in this topic

Posted

The swordmaster is Ocarina of Time Link. We've all heard it and some of us believe it and some of us don't. Well, what if he really is? And, what if he is TP Link's father. We've heard that too. What if it's true? I thought at first that he was just a relative, but I thought of this and changed my mind.

What if Twilight Princess doesn't take place on the second timeline, it takes place on the first. After Ocarina of Time Link finishes with Majora's Mask, He grows up and has a wife and a kid. Something happens to him and his wife, and his kid ends up somewhere. Remember that TP takes place 30 years after Ocarina of Time, meaning something happened to OOT link in those 30 years. He didn't just sit there, he did something. Maybe he had a wife and had a kid, then something horrible happened to him, and he was sealed in an alternate realm, and could only return to the real world as a wolf. After this happened, he lost the Triforce piece, and it went to the only remaining person in his bloodline, TP Link. Which, since Ganondorf had returned, a hero had to rise. It chose TP Link because he is the closest one to the real hero. Also, the swordsman says "You are destined to be the Hero of Legend, but with your current strength you disgrace the tunic of the proud hero" which means that TP link is destined to be the Hero. It didn't say A Hero, it said The Hero of Legend. Maybe he took OOT Link's place as the Hero of Time...Only time and future Zelda games will tell the truth.

So, I think that he is not just a relative in the bloodline, he is really his son.

Posted

::Bangs head against the wall::

TP is 100 years after OoT. It is obvious that the Swordmaster is a previous Link, if not OoT Link.

Link has never been proved to be related to any of the previous Links. Zelda on the other hand has been explained as being the descendant of the first Zelda, the prince ordering all female princesses to be named Zelda after the first one.

Ganondorf is another matter, he may or may not be the same person over and over again. I think he is, he is a very powerful being and he has been imprisoned and sealed away on several occasions. It is perfectly possible for him to be the same person.

Link however is the next person in a line of Heroes, after the hubbub over the whole Hero of Winds/Hero of Time thing, they just stuck with "The Hero (of Legend)" making seem like Link is always destined to become a Hero. When OoT Link died, which he likely did, the Triforce went to the only person capable of wielding it.

Posted

TP is 30 after OOT

Check out Kikizo.com and search for twilight Princess. Then, watch the 30 min gameplay presentation and you will hear them say that.

I'm also going back on what I said about the "my son" thing when Link learns the last skill. I now think that he meant that literally. I didn't before, but that was because I didn't really watch it. When I went back and watched all his conversations with Link carefully, it really does make sense.

Posted

(Sorry to revive a dead topic... and for my unorganized way of explaining things... :embarrassed: )

I can agree with all of that. The first time I played through TP, I knew that the swordsman had to be related to Link in some way. Since it's the Hyrule of OoT, the only hero before TP Link had to have been OoT Link. There are constant references to OoT Link in many of the games, and this particular game had a lot of them, suggesting that this was the game that came next in the storyline after Majora's Mask. So I was thinking that OoT Link had to have been either Link's father or grandfather. Either the graphics allowed for elabration, or Hyrule changed in the lapse between the two games, so I was guessing it to be, as you said, around 30 to 100 years after OoT took place.

Posted

Actually, the Swordman said:

Go forth, and do not falter my son.

A lot of masters use ''son'' as a word to call their students, so I don't really think he is TP Link's father. I do believe it's a previous Link, though.

Posted

They said 100 years in a different presentation, the one on IGN actually...

it's not something id really thought of before, but they're fair points really...

Posted

A lot of masters use ''son'' as a word to call their students, so I don't really think he is TP Link's father. I do believe it's a previous Link, though.

I agree with you Relean.

I always thought it was OoT Link who taught you all those skils but not like TP Link's father or grandfather

Posted

the swordsmaster is an older link. But Tp is 100 years after oot... Anyway, you know when he tell you the last skill he says that he never was able to teach he's skills on to the next generation in he's last life... You know when zelda sent link back in oot and the two timelines begun, I think TP is in the first one, not the second, at least that would explain why Link wasn't able to pass his skills down... But then ganon would be dead... not sealed away... it's confusing :huh:

Posted

Actually, the Swordman said:

Go forth, and do not falter my son.

That's exactly what I first thought when I argued about it back then. After playing through a second time and actually listening and paying attention to what he says, I really do think he is his father, just because he said that he must pass them on in the "bloodline" and 100 years isn't that long for a skeleton swordsmaster. just sayin.

Posted

It was an interesting theory, though.

Posted

It was an interesting theory, though.

Hey....

So, uh....

When are ya posting the Dark Triforce theory?

Posted

the swordsmaster is an older link. But Tp is 100 years after oot... Anyway, you know when he tell you the last skill he says that he never was able to teach he's skills on to the next generation in he's last life... You know when zelda sent link back in oot and the two timelines begun, I think TP is in the first one, not the second, at least that would explain why Link wasn't able to pass his skills down... But then ganon would be dead... not sealed away... it's confusing :huh:

ah ha, ganon WOULDN'T be dead, the king would've found out about his plan (because young link would've told zelda) and probababbly banished him back to desert, hence why in twilight princess its said ganondorf led an army from the desert (and then failed).

I reckon there are only 2 games in the other timeline, wind waker and an oracle game.

Posted

The swordmaster is Ocarina of Time Link. We've all heard it and some of us believe it and some of us don't. Well, what if he really is? And, what if he is TP Link's father. We've heard that too. What if it's true? I thought at first that he was just a relative, but I thought of this and changed my mind.

What if Twilight Princess doesn't take place on the second timeline, it takes place on the first. After Ocarina of Time Link finishes with Majora's Mask, He grows up and has a wife and a kid. Something happens to him and his wife, and his kid ends up somewhere. Remember that TP takes place 30 years after Ocarina of Time, meaning something happened to OOT link in those 30 years. He didn't just sit there, he did something. Maybe he had a wife and had a kid, then something horrible happened to him, and he was sealed in an alternate realm, and could only return to the real world as a wolf. After this happened, he lost the Triforce piece, and it went to the only remaining person in his bloodline, TP Link. Which, since Ganondorf had returned, a hero had to rise. It chose TP Link because he is the closest one to the real hero. Also, the swordsman says "You are destined to be the Hero of Legend, but with your current strength you disgrace the tunic of the proud hero" which means that TP link is destined to be the Hero. It didn't say A Hero, it said The Hero of Legend. Maybe he took OOT Link's place as the Hero of Time...Only time and future Zelda games will tell the truth.

So, I think that he is not just a relative in the bloodline, he is really his son.

I think that He is the fourth goddess, if she exists , that she gave birth to the first Link.

Posted

Wow... that came out of nowhere...