Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Single-sex or co-ed?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, I went to a co-ed primary school (is there any other kind really?) and then I went to a single-sex grammar school. I have now been in New Zealand over a year and I can say that I have learned more this year than any other year in my life. It is not about Physics or maths or any other similar subject, it is about girls.

Coming into a school where teenage girls are a big part of my life, it was, at first, a little scary. One year on, and I'm confident that going into yet another new school will bring new opportunities.

Some people say that co-eds are inefficient in teaching kids, both sexes being distracted by the other. But there are somethings that you need that you can't learn in a class (except in really odd schools, can you imagine a class titled: "Flirting 101" followed by "An Introduction to Sex"?!?). It is proven that relationships are more-or-less essential for a healthy lifestyle, mentally and physically. (PM me for more information on the physical side effects on lack of sex).

Feel free to rebuke me, this is an open discussion...

Posted

I agree with you. I went to a co-ed primary school, and I'm also currently studying in a co-ed highschool.

At first my highschool was only for boys, but then like 15 years ago, the opened it for girls to. I agree that it's not as good as it used to be, and most teachers blame it on the co-ed situation. (My father studied there too when it was an all-male highschool, and he always rants about how it has changed.) But I rather like it being a co-ed. ^_^

Posted

I go to a Co-ed and it never bothered me. I had a teacher last year who didn't really complain about it, she just said that it is proven that girls answer more questions from the teacher when they go to an all girl's school, because in a co-ed boys try to answer the questions. Don't know if it's true though...

I just pulled an all nighter! :DZzz

Posted

I think co-ed schools are better.

When your older and go get a job, you will be working alongside both males and females. Its best to get used to doing so at an early age.

Posted

So we are all agreed? Thats not much fun...

Although I'm surprised that nobody has PMed me yet, heh. :D

Posted

Meh. My entire school district is and always be Co-Ed.

So Co-Ed.

Posted

Im at a single sex school (the one aatch used to go to) and it's probabbly what now means that i find it almost impossible to talk to girls because im too nervous, in fact i've only really been particularly interesting in girls...past year or so maybe (im 16) so I reckon it might take a while to get used to later on...I've only actually been on one date and it wasn't even anything really, i fell pathetic over the fact we didn;t even hold hands :wacko:

Well, ok, it's not completely single sex it must be said, in sixth form (16/17/18 years old, im in second year because i've been moved up a year) there's girls in some of the classes because of agreements the school has with other schools and the neighbouring girls school, anyway there weren't any girls in any of my classes until about a month ago , but now there's one in my latin class (also interestingly someone aatch knew...) so i geuss that helps matters somewhat despite the fact i would have no intention of going out with her (I could say something else about aatch here, but it would probabbly just be cruel)