Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you think of the website I've been making?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm making a brand new moviereviews.com at http://project1.microswift.com/

What do you guys think? Check it out and please give me feedback on ANYTHING that is wrong, done poorly, could be better, etc. The more suggestions the better! I made it from scratch including the graphics, content, database, etc. so the more feedback the better!

It will be moving over to the moviereviews.com address in a week or so after some testing.

Please reply here with any comments or suggestions! :)

Posted

First!

I missed you! I'll go read it now!

EDIT: crap, this is pretty well built. did you do this by yourself?

Posted

The little Twitter box looks a little bad. The text goes past the boundary and I think that that little icon could use improvement. Also, the six little dots in the middle area look off center. Aside from those, looks great!

post-4137-1258686421496458_thumb.png

Posted

Very impressive keep it up!

Posted

The first thing that comes to mind is that the long list that appears when you move your mouse over "Reviews by Category" is too long for small screens. After a little while I found out I can scroll while I have the mouse on the list, but it still bothers me a little bit. Plus, the first rule of UI is to always assume your users are morons.

Also, the page for 2012 says the run time is 0 min. When I clicked on the "view trailers" link on the 2012 page, I got four tiny video embeds, only one of which appeared to be an actual trailer for the movie, which was not what I was expecting to get. In fact, I have not been able to find proper trailers; the links that claim to show trailers show clips or little "making of" clips. Still, I'm nitpicking a bit, since the site is mostly about reviews and not trailers, but I figure I might as well point it out.

It is an excellent site, and I would say it has the potential be the perfect moviegoer's community website.