Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Wii Remote colors revealed, new US console color still not planned

10 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]Two new Wii Remote colors were announced for a February 14 release, though Nintendo isn't commenting about the new international Wii console colors and controller designs.[/b]

Along with the cavalcade of new release dates announced earlier today, Nintendo revealed that the Wii Remote will receive its third and fourth color options, as the controller will come in blue and pink color schemes to accompany the recently released black color.

------

[center][img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/213248-1.jpg[/img][/center]
The MotionPluses don't match the Remotes. Ew.

While US Wii owners will be flush with controller options next week, the Wii itself still remains in only one color in America--white--while the Japanese or British consumer can purchase a black console. I sent an inquiry to Nintendo about the stateside availability of the product, and threw in a question about the Classic Controller Pro just for kicks. In response, Nintendo sent us a comment stating "We have nothing to announce about the availability of the black Wii console or Wii Classic Controller Pro in North America at this time."

Bummer. As a person who obsessively color-codes his consoles and accessories, this is a tough pill to swallow.

[b]Source: gamepro.com[/b]

Posted

WHERE IS THE MATCHING WII MOTION PLUS!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also why Blue and Pink when they only have a Black and White Wii?

Posted

Well it could be that you would like to differentiate between different controllers (IE Pink is always P2 or something) if you share the wii with other people.
I know I did that on the N64.

At least the black controllers had matching wii motion plus!

Posted

I don't understand.
Why are the shades of blue Nintendo's been using lately so aesthetically unpleasing?
First the DSi, and now this.
The pink is also reminiscent of Elixir 5 Gum. Which is not very pleasing, either.
Sahaqiel

Posted

AHHH! they're ugly!

Posted

I love my black Wii...sorry America. :)

Posted

uglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyuglyugly.

Ew.

Posted

Ugh.

Posted

...What?

Why can't we go with good, vibrant colors, like a deep, electric blue or green or hot pink? This isn't Easter, give us some good colors. Give us some straight-up colors, like plain green, orange, black, stuff like that. What's up with the crap they're trying to put out right here?

And non-matching motion plus is understandable, to get that you'd have to buy a new motion plus entirely.

Posted

I can't tell if we've reached a conclusion that these are really ugly colors or if it's a bandwagon.
I wonder if Nintendo knows these are ugly, if we have reached a conclusion. ;(
Sahaqiel