Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two news posts of Satoru Iwata inside

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Satoru Iwata is now telling us that the press did "misinterpret" some stuff he told them.

So now this news is here for us all in English. But it took too long, in my opinion.
I think Nintendo did just change their mind about some things they said, and scapegoat the press for it telling the people that stuff. Haha.

Read all about it after the jump.

------

[b]Japanese Newspaper Defends Accuracy of Iwata Statements[/b]

Satoru Iwata Respected Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun has stepped forward to defend the accuracy of a story it wrote following an interview with Nintendo president Satoru Iwata. The original story claimed that the next Legend of Zelda for Wii would be coming in 2010, and hinted at possible features for Nintendo's next handheld. Among those features were more advanced graphics, and a motion sensor. Soon after, a Nintendo spokesperson denied that Iwata made any comments about future hardware, claiming his comments were "misinterpreted" by the newspaper report.

Now Kotaku gives word that Asahi Shimbun is defending its report. "The article quoted Nintendo President Satoru Iwata's comment accurately," read a statement from the company. At this point it's getting harder and harder to sift through the conflicting reports. Iwata may have misspoken and intended to talk about possible features, or Nintendo simply decided afterwards that he revealed too much. The DS is still going strong, so it's unlikely we'll hear anything about a successor too soon, as Nintendo would risk undercutting their own sales momentum.

[b]Source: 1UP[/b]

[u][b]=========[/b][/u]

[b]Japanese Newspaper Denies It "Misinterpreted" Nintendo DS Successor Claims[/b]

[img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/500x_asahipaper.jpg[/img]

Speaking with Japanese newspaper the Asahi Shimbun, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata was quoted about the DS handheld's successor. Nintendo has since claimed that Iwata's comments were "misinterpreted". That newspaper has fired back, saying its reporting was indeed accurate.

Nintendo took issue with the original reporting by the Asahi Shimbun, stating that the paper's reporter ran something that the Nintendo chief didn't say. Kotaku posted [url="http://kotaku.com/5441242/report-new-zelda-out-by-end-of-2010-first-ds-successor-details"]a direct translation[/url] of Iwata's reported remarks about a DS successor:

[quote]"[It will have] highly detailed graphics, and it will be necessary to have a sensor with the ability to read the movements of people playing."[/quote]

When asked for a comment, Charlie Scibetta, Nintendo of America's senior director of corporate communications told Kotaku, "Mr. Iwata did not make any comments regarding the functions of Nintendo's future hardware systems. The answer to the reporter's question was misinterpreted."

Kotaku Japan contacted the Asahi Shimbun regarding Nintendo of America's claim that the answer was misinterpreted by the reporter. The newspaper, one of the largest and most respected in Japan, issued this statement (below) to Kotaku Japan: "The article quoted Nintendo President Satoru Iwata's comment accurately."

[img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/500x_asahi_comment.jpg[/img]
Kotaku's translation of Iwata's comments in question are accurate as well.

[url="http://www.kotaku.jp/2010/01/asahi_nintendo_ds.html"]Asahi Issues Statement[/url] [Kotaku Japan]

[b]Source: kotaku.com[/b]

Posted

Does this mean no Zelda Wii for 2010?
:(

Posted

[quote name='Jareddude' date='16 January 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1263685111' post='272326']
Does this mean no Zelda Wii for 2010?
:(
[/quote]
They were referring to Iwata's comments about the DS2, not Zelda Wii.

But don't hold your breath anyway.

Posted

Zelda Wii's release date: December 22nd, 2012.
I call it.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Satoru Iwata Respected Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun has stepped forward to defend the accuracy of a story it wrote following an interview with Nintendo president Satoru Iwata. [u]The original story claimed that the next Legend of Zelda for Wii would be coming in 2010, [b]and hinted at possible features for Nintendo's next handheld.[/b] [b][i]Among those features were more advanced graphics, and a motion sensor.[/i][/b] [b]Soon after, a Nintendo spokesperson denied that Iwata made any comments about future hardware, claiming his comments were "misinterpreted" by the newspaper report.[/b][/u]

That part is about the new DS.
Not Zelda. :)

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='16 January 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1263693035' post='272349']
I call it.
Sahaqiel
[/quote]
XD
ill probably have a massive hangover that day.

Posted

Thanks Adr :)

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='16 January 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1263693035' post='272349']
I call it.
Sahaqiel
[/quote]
Boy, from what people have told me, that's also the release date for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Metroid Other M, Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Duke Nukem Forever!

I'm going to lose so much money that day, I'm going to wish the world would explode!