Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Manga

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure most everyone has. It's just what we're reading in addition to that.

And Eka: Deadman Wonderland and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles are two amazing series.

Posted

I'm much more of a watcher than a reader... But it's then same in principle... So what I'm wacthing would be:

Shugo Chara [Doki] (need to get back to watching that one)

Detective Conan/Case Closed (on occasion, I've been more watching the movies...)

Actually as of recently I haven't been watching to much... I have kinda been trying to find something new to watch... I was reading one thing as of recently (that needs an anime):

Magic Kaito

One series I do like, despite its fair amount of popularity, is Detective Conan. (Case Closed in the U.S.) Though a little strange in the first few chapters, the cases in it are absolutely brilliant. It's well worth checking out.

Detective Conan isn't worth getting at for popularity... Yes it's popular, but it's not anything like say InuYasha or Naruto or Bleach... It's more of a Shugo Chara, which while having a large fanbase it goes largely unnoticed because it's not as big as manga like the aforementioned three...

Posted

Detective Conan isn't worth getting at for popularity... Yes it's popular, but it's not anything like say InuYasha or Naruto or Bleach... It's more of a Shugo Chara, which while having a large fanbase it goes largely unnoticed because it's not as big as manga like the aforementioned three...

I can't tell whether or not you're praising Inuyasha/Naruto/Bleach/someotheroverratedseries. Detective Conan is formulaic, but much more intellectual than the other series which are focused on action. Except in one of the movies, Conan skateboards in between two SKYSCRAPERS.

SKYSCRAPERS.

SKYSCRAPERS.

Goodness.

But yeah.

I watch anime and only read manga when Muffin links me to it.

The two being Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge and Parasyte, both of which are really awesome.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I was trying to make DC look good by comparing it the the 3... Shugo Chara too... Best Magical Girl series ever in my opinion...

Posted

Except in one of the movies, Conan skateboards in between two SKYSCRAPERS.

SKYSCRAPERS.

SKYSCRAPERS.

Goodness.

But yeah.

Sahaqiel

Yeah, the movies are a little...odd. But always good for a laugh. Have you seen the one where he uses the shockwave from a bomb blast to launch a car (with five little kids in it) between two buildings, and lands it in a swimming pool? That was hilarious.

Posted

It's more of a Shugo Chara, which while having a large fanbase it goes largely unnoticed because it's not as big as manga like the aforementioned three...

Go to Youtube and look up Shugo Chara AMVs: specifically with, "Amuto." Just try and say that sentence after you see the millions, seriously. o_o

Speaking of Case Closed, I've been meaning to check out the anime of that. I've seen trailers for the movies, and they look rather awesome. :thumbup:

Posted

Case Closed has multi hundreds of episodes.

I don't bother trying to start what I don't want to finish.

Posted

Case Closed has multi hundreds of episodes.

I don't bother trying to start what I don't want to finish.

I don't bother with the anime either. It's way too long, and some of the episodes are quite different from their counterparts in the manga.

Also, I just finished reading Hohzuki Island (it's very short, but not yet finished) which is a good series. But really creepy. Murderers, ghosts, and madmen...read at your own risk.

Posted

I've really been getting into the two mangas, "1/2 Prince" and, "Yureka." (Yureka more so, but I digress.)

Similar plotlines, but both loveable. =D

Posted

My friend gave me the first three volumes of Wallflower.

It's p. cool. The manga artist is hilarious, also.