Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quirky Animals and The Legend of Zelda

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Zelda Informer brings us all fan created articles all the time and I figure it's time to shed some light on them here ;)

"[i]Zelda games are full of conventions. Things like items, bosses, locations and characters are often reused in new release to the series for consistency, nostalgia and possibly due to laziness on the developers side. Animals in Zelda have had a bit of notoriety as campy, kind, and sometimes greedy, and this convention has not died.

As early as The Legend of Zelda we had the silliest catch phrases coming from the most unlikely creatures. Sure, Moblins are monsters and not - by Zelda definition - animals, but they are still an interesting character in the original Legend of Zelda game. While the majority were evil, throwing spears at Link all through the Lost Woods and abroad, there were also a select few good Moblins who would give Link rupees while exclaiming, "It's a secret to everybody." It is an example of one the many classic Legend of Zelda catch phrases that has become an internet meme simply because of the campiness of the translation.[/i]"

You can read the rest via: [url="http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/01/fan-article-querky-animals-and-the-legend-of-zelda.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+zeldainformer+(ZeldaInformer+News+Feed)"]Clicking this Link[/url]

Posted

quirky?

Posted

Lol well, remember the Cukeman?
"3 large, 2 regular."
"It can display millions of polygons!"
"Hey mon!"
"You know me, I like short names the best."
etc.