What do we want in the next epic Zelda game?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

And how exactly did the Oracle games flesh out the world? I still felt like Link was the only dude doing anything besides breathing. At least Twilight Princess attempted it in Castle Town.

They had Ralph running around trying to free Nayru, Sokra running around trying to find a way to access the Temple of Seasons, the Maku Trees that gave information on events and where the essences were located, Maple flying around on her broom, plus all of the minor NPCs reacted when the Seasons changed or Time started acting funny....

Posted

Didn't cut it for me. They were scripted. I want like Useless wandering NPC's. just like walking from town to town or riding there. Kinda like Oblivion, but not as in depth.

Posted

No one's been talking about the AI. I think that in all the games so far, the responses from user to game have been really scripted. It would be interesting if you could make decisions, and have the game adapt to you. If you've played Assassins Creed 2, this is what I'm talking about. Also, I think the graphics should be a little better. Twilight Princess was O.K. but there were some weak areas. and I think that more people would make the Hyrule seem more like a kingdom than... a golf coarse. Like if people were picnicking in a safe part of Hyrule fields or traders traveling from town to town...IDK...

Posted

That is a pretty good point actually. Making it so the game adapts to you would be much more challenging, and would be a breathe of fresh air for the series. Though I think it would be a feature best saved only for certain parts of the game (maybe make it an unlockable extra like the Second Quest in the first game and Wind Waker?).

I've got nothing to complain about as far as graphics go. If they went back to the primitive 64 era designs, I really wouldn't care.

I agree that the world you get to explore is typically rather dull after you've seen everything. They animate vast expanses of explorable land, yet give you practically nothing to do. Aside from hidden treasure chests and the like, you get a feeling that everything outside of a town is empty stretches of country filled with monsters that aren't worth the trouble of killing (even when randomly killing large numbers of monsters does offer rewards, it's hardly the activity that you want to spend all your time doing).

Posted

Yeah, I kind of agree with that; even though I haven't played Oblivion at all, I think Hyrule could use a little bit of improvement as well. I went through and beat Twilight Princess who knows how many times, and frankly, I find it starting to get rather old. (I've basically gotten everything, and I'm sure that a number of people have done the same as well.) My own personal thought, is that instead of having Link start off as a timid farm boy or a smith apprentice (Not that I have anything against either), I think that Link should have a bit more background as well. Like, does he remember his parents, were there any past incidents that happened that led him to become who he is now, or even has a momento given to him in the past to remember someone who was special to him and is no longer of his world?

As for the graphics, they were O.K in TP, but they could use a little upgrade, and also from my standpoint, most of the time the world of Hyrule just seemed too, 'darkish', let's just say, in the same game. I know the producers tried their best and all, but perhaps the next game could lose a bit of this, 'darkish' feeling or something?

Finally, most of the enemies are rather easy to kill because they lack a proper brain... If the producers have spent a little more time on making tougher enemies, TP might have been a better game (at least in my opinion, not sure about anyone else's). That is something I hope, just hope, may happen in the next LoZ game; tougher enemies, and probably a final boss other than Ganondorf, Vaati, or Dark Link (Once again, I have nothing against anyone of them, just wishing to see a bit of change other than a more than likely to expect Final Boss), that would be something that no one here would expect.

Posted

I found this this morning and I think its kinda interesting.

new Zelda info

Posted

How about, for a background for Link, make Him like the son of a Knight and that's what he start's out as.

I've been on FanFiction.net alot lately...... DON'T JUDGE ME....

And I agree. Give Hyrule more stuff to do. Just for kicks, throw in side quest for money making, and make it more real to get cash. Hard labor for Link!

Posted

yeah, there also should be more nameless people in the towns too, because right now, in TP there are like 5 people per town and like 50 in castle town. thats like a hallway at school, not a kingdom.

Posted

Actually MasterIckolas, I did make a fanfic based around that on that VERY SITE, in case you're wondering. (Ocarina of Time Novelization with a few twists, like having the same map as TP and whatnot...)

Posted

Swee man. Link me and I'll read it. If It's well written. I'm more than capable to tell someone they suck at writing.

Posted

I seriously can't imagine a voice that could match Link so him getting a voice that matches his body is highly unlikely to me.

But voice acting is good when you have people watching you play (like my six-year old baby sister who can't read yet) and plus when I was younge and my older sis wouldn't read it to me I would either wish upon a star or try to figure out what they said by the actions she would do

Posted

Voice acting would kill it, M rating would kill it, easy difficulty would kill it.

I want harder enemies, epic battles(For example... Link against 20 or so of Ganon's fiercest warriors.)

An idea I came up with a long time ago, which made it seem more like a strategy game XD Could turn into a beginning video. Link starts out as a soldier for Hyrule, and Ganon attacks, and there's this huge battle going on, with Link on the front lines. He get's knocked off a cliff and falls unconsious upon hitting the water. Ganon takes over, his reign begins. Link washes up in the forest were some species find him and nurse him back to health. He learns that he is the chosen one and must save the kingdom from Ganondorf. Epic idea for a Zelda game...

I also want it to take longer before you get the Master Sword. Liek... right before you go challenge Ganon. Like in WW. Then you fail and learn that you must activate so and so, to... yeah. Ultimately beat Ganon and save Hyrule.

Less useless/single-use items. Such as the dominion rod/coral earings hook, etc... Dissapointment.

Posted

I kinda would want a game where you play as Zelda during OoT mainly because it would be awesome to play as Shiek (brawl doesn't count) like that shadow thing she fights could be a Boss or a mini plus it will fill a few holes

Posted

A remake of OoT with both paths would be truly an epic game. Advanced gamplay mechanics, upgraded graphics, new map/items/dungeons/etc.

EPIC.

Posted

yeah I even wrote a letter to nintendo with the idea but since my mom is to lazy to get the correct stamp it remains unsent for years tanting me with how epic the game would be if they chose to do it