Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ocarina of Time TAS

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Amazing, really. A new Ocarina of Time tool-assisted run has just been submitted to the TAS archive. It just breaks the limits of the game. I used to think 2 hours, 33 minutes was great. This just blows it away.

http://tracker.tasvideos.org/lozocarinaoftimej-tas-abeshi.mp4.torrent - Torrent of the video (MP4)

http://www.zexsoft.com/aktan/?AbeshisN64LegendOfZeldaTheOcarinaOfTimeIn5825.47/lozocarinaoftimej-tas-abeshi_512kb - Zexsoft (Higher quality than Youtube, smaller window)

- Youtube

Before you go on, "Oh, he's cheating", "Oh, this ruins the fun", "No skills", it's simply a video pushing the game to its limits to beat the game in the least time possible. He's not cheating, everything he does is possible on an actual N64, it just requires complete precision to pull it off like this; skipping the door of time, infinite "superslide", getting out of the Kokiri Forest early. All possible through glitches. Plus, he beat the game in 58 minutes. puppy, man, that's shorter than a movie.

Around half-way through the run when he steals the fishing rod and he angles it to get the fisherman's hat. He's classy.

Posted

Wow!

I'm going to watch it right now.

Posted

so does link wear the hat the whole time or something then?

Posted

What?

Anyway, I watched it. It was great!

Posted

TASes are TOOL ASSISTED runs, so if its a TAS hes using an emulator :D. Although the glitches are possable, you need a turbo controller x250 the speed of a normal turbo controller :embarrassed:

Posted

Jared way to ask questions lol.

Posted

Yeah I know XD