Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Princess - 1 million Sold in the Americas

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Not suprising at all, but the official numbers are still nice to hear. Twilight Princess's success is still constantly expanding with its latest acheivement of being pushed past the 1 million milestone within the Americas, and this is only the sales for the Wii TP. Nintendo Officials predicted the game will have sold over 6 million copies world-wide by the end of March '07.

------

Though the game has proven to be extremely successful in the west, questions are starting to be raised about the popularity of the game within Japan, with TP doing quite bad in sales when compared to other games of the Zelda series.

Key -
(Year Released) (Game Title) (System) (Sales within Japan)

1986 The Legend Of Zelda NES 1.69m
1987 Adventure Of Link NES 1.61m
1991 Link To The Past SNES 1.16m
1998 Ocarina Of Time N64 1.46m
2000 Majoras Mask N64 0.74m
2002 Wind Waker GC 0.86m
2006 Twilight Princess Wii 0.60m (estimate)

Posted

WOOT!!! first post :D

Posted

Yeah, TP didn't do quite well in Japan.

But one million sold in the Americas is awsome! ^_^

Posted

Yeah, thats awesome, I honestly didn't think TP would be THIS popular! :wacko:

Posted

6 million before march 07 would only be true if nintendo have raised their expectations for the number of wiis to be shipped before the end of the fiscal year (march 06), because the current estimate is 6 million WIIs before the end of the year, not copies of twilight princess, so there would need to be a 100% uptake for that to be true.

Another thing to note is that this is the first zelda game to be released at a console launch and the console is in short supply, so the sales figures should be taken with a pinch of salt as if everybody who wanted a wii had one, the sales figures would be a lot higher.

Plus 1 million isn't that much, gears of war has sold over 3 million copies in america and has only been out about a month and a bit longer, of course as i mentioned, more people have 360s

O and btw, this is just sales figures for the wii version, the gamecube sales figures would need to be added as well, but gamecube copies are also in short supply.

Posted

I dont think 6millions is that unrealistic. I heard that the gc version outsold the wii, so when you add them up together its probably close to bout 3millions I guess.

Posted

Btw, does anyone know have well the prewious Zelda games has sold in america? it would be nice to compare.

Posted

I believe OoT reached the mighty 8 millions.

Posted

Thats Awesome!!!!! :D

Posted

That's pretty cool, and yet not surprising in the least.

Posted

[quote name='ZeldaWii' post='28581' date='Feb 11 2007, 08:12 AM']Yeah, thats awesome, I honestly didn't think TP would be THIS popular! :wacko:[/quote]
what makes you say that? LoZ is the world's best...wait. nwo that i think about it, people want the XBox and PS systems that no one cares for the best franchise ever.

Posted

1mill. kool. compare that with australia, and america ownes aust.

cus not much ppl like... know zelda in aust. like in my school. out of like 400ppl only like 5 of em know about zelda. so put that into a ratio and BAM! america just owned aust in tp comaring. lol

(sorry if i make no sense my mind isnt working very well, cus ive only had 1.5 hrs sleep in the last 3 days -.-

EDIT: see i even forgot the closing bracket in the line b4 this 1, lol

Posted

The gamecube version did not outsell the wii version, but it's fairly close behind.

The thing is the gamecube version's much harder to find, because they didn't make as many copies.

Posted

It just show. Wii is BETTER :D :D :D :D

Posted

Well, i still think Ocarina of Time is better ;D