Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gears of War 3

42 posts in this topic

Posted

For any of us who care, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjQGOMNxrdw

Looks pretty sweet to me. There's speculation over whether the woman is the last Carmine or Anya. I think it's Anya, because her mother was a gear. She was a very respected Major, actually. It makes sense that Anya would end up following in her footsteps.

This takes place 18 months after the last human city falls. We can assume that's the end of Gears 2, but not exactly. And Dom looks a lot older if you'll notice. This is probably because of stress and depression.

I mean, he had to execute his damn wife. That's jacked up. With that and the world falling apart around him, he's probably come to the conclusion that he's got no chance of a life after this war, if it ever ends.

And you see him lean back and accept death when he falls down, but Marcus saves him. He's obviously depressed.

But yeah.

Posted

Agh! Spoiler tag that last part please.

Anyways, looks cool.

Posted

Fix'd. Sorry! :embarrassed:

I don't know of many Gears fans on this site other than Pheonix, so I didn't think I'd really have to spoiler tag it. >.<

Posted

Oh. Holy. Shit.

I've been looking for information on this game for sooooooo long. So glad its out.

And the woman isn't anya, I don't think so anyways. Its probably Bernie. Bernadette Mataki was this important lady I read about looking for information on gearpedia, who apparently is an expert sniper that taught marcus and dom how to shoot a lancer.

Only, Shes supposed to be a redhead, so idk. Might be Anya.

Those big green guys are obviously lambent. And I want to try out the new gun whoever the girl was handed to Dom.

Also, Dizzy is supposed to be back. Can't wait for other Cody Carmine, or Calvin, or whatever his name was.

Just checked. Its Clay. I bet the D Carmine is in it too. I wonder if they'll wear helmets.

Posted (edited)

Mataki was another suggestion I had in mind, but I couldn't place her name so I didn't mention her.

She appeared in the book, and she's an islander like Tai. I'd like to think it's Anya, though, considering her mother.

Plus, Bernie should look older than that girl did. I'm pretty sure it's either Anya, a Carmine, or someone entirely different. I'd like to know what happened to her, though.

And yeah, it's gonna be awesome to see what role the Lambet play here. :D

And I think that gun might be the Locust answer to the Lancer. Hmm... :)

EDIT:

Cliffy B confirmed that it's Anya! :joy:

From the official Gears of War 3 thread on epicgames.com(Possible spoilers below! Beware!):

Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters". Cliff confirms that at some points in the game you will play as an entirely different squad (that includes no Marcus and no Dom).

* The story is written by fantastic author Karen Traviss, who wrote the Gears of War book series

* Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War book.

* The Coalition has disbanded or dismantled. Everyone is essentially a Stranded.

* The Locust have not been seen in the time that has passed since the end of Gears 2 and the beginning of Gears 3

* The location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.

* Imulsion is infecting everything, not just the Locust. The Lambent are a ton of different nightmarish creatures.

# The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3

# A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:

Quote:

FYI: The Pendulum Lancer is the bayonetted one that you saw people using in the Gears 2 intro.

* Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.

* Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.

Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.

* Cliff confirmed they are tackling the bad matchmaking issues in Gears of War 3 in the Meristation TV interview. He mentions improved region filtering as one of the ways they are addressing this issue.

* There will be a new feature that allows players to stay together as a party. Details will be released later. This presumably covers random people you meet in matchmaking, as Gears already allows for group matchmaking.

Cliff confirmed in the MeriStation TV interview that Gears of War 3 will include some old Gears of War 1 favorites that we didn't see in Gears of War 2

* In the MeriStation TV interview, Cliff says there will be a ton of new executions in the game this time round and there will be an incentive for using them in multiplayer.

* In the MeriStation TV interview, Cliff confirms you can kick someone as your vault over cover.

And that rifle that was handed to Dom is the Pendulum Lancer. Check it out(have to give links instead of just posting the images because the forum won't let me... :( ):

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/pendlancer.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/720/720859/gears-of-war-20060725103816433.jpg

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

Dam that looks awesome... Im gonna have to get these games now. After FFXIII, Halo Wars, and Halo Reach...

Posted

Damn! I haven't even finished Gears of War 2 yet. Not that I care cuz I just looked at the spoilers smile.gif

Anyway, I don't have an XBox so I can't but the game when it comes out , but I my cousin has one and all the Other GoW games so she probably get the new game anyway.

My three cousins and bro all love the game. To us, Gears of War is like a disease: once you start playing it you can't stop. I'm seriously looking forward to playing the new GoW.

Posted

What is this game?

Honestly, I really wonder why I'm on a gaming site sometimes. I barely play videogames.

Posted

Lets just say it's a very violent and graphic game about a war between a race called Locusts and humans that my 23 year old cousin has me hooked on.

Posted

I don't have time to explain the whole thing right now, but I'll post the wiki to it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_War

Also, there are four books?? Damn, I need some money. And the desire to read, I don't read anymore now that I don't have study hall.

And all the important people don't wear helmets.

Posted

Man, I love the idea that you can kick guys when you vault over cover. Thats going to change alot of the gameplay in itself.

Posted

THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAAAA!!!

Y'all had to see that coming.

Lol, it'll be funny(and epic) if you can knock a boomer back by doing it, making that heroic effort right before he shoots, buying your team time.

Posted

Oh man, I hadn't even thought of that. I was just considering Multiplayer.

I bet that the Locust and the Gears form an unsteady alliance to take out the Lambent, then go to different parts of the planet and have a truce.

And I really want to see whats the deal with the Lambent, too. And if Berserkers come back. And New weapons. And New Characters.

gears9cover_full.jpg

gow10.jpg

Man I want her to be in the game soooo bad.

Posted

Haha, she's the persona of the new member.

Posted

@Pheonix

Trust me, if I'm not in it, Cliffy B is going to have a lot of knuckle prints on his face. Or he'll be dead.