Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gears of War 3

42 posts in this topic

Posted

There she is. o:

Posted

Man I want her to be in the game soooo bad.

I know, right? Glad I'm not the only one. Hell, it's gotten to where a portion of my excitement for the game is playing as her.

I don't know why, but it is. Cliffy said she may or may not be in it. Personally, I think a "maybe" is a lot more than the usual silence you might get from developers on that sort of subject.

Plus, there's gonna be more female gears. Therefore, the three who're already established in the series (Alexandrea Brand, Bernedette Mataki, Anya Stroud) will have to be in there. This gives more variety in who the player chooses to play, and brings 3 characters together who are obviously liked by the community or we wouldn't be wanting them in the game so badly.

Posted

Thats, like, the eeriest coincidence. Its along the lines of desu and desuteq.

and I have no Idea who alex is, I have to look into that.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I thought I was posting pics of Bernie. Every time I look up pics of Bernie I find Pics of Alex, apparently. What a gip. Maybe they look alike? Are there pics of bernie? is she also misleading me as a redhead?

Looking on gearspedia, I find it obnoxious that bernie and Alex were both raped.

Posted

I know, right? Glad I'm not the only one. Hell, it's gotten to where a portion of my excitement for the game is playing as her.

Hell yeah everyone wants to see the Train, ba- ...Wrong script, sorry!

@Pheonix

Yeah, life's a bitch like that.

Posted

So I guess that means this apparently awesome expert sniper is asian like tai. Because they're from the same island and all that.

Posted

They're from the same region, but different islands. Bernie is a lot more British-esque than Tai. They're both South Islanders, though, there's no changing that. And you don't want to screw with a South Islander. I'm pretty sure Tai screaming every time he executes everything spells that out. They love killing, they live for it. It's probably a popular artform down there, where they line up to perfect the elegantly diagonal motion of chainsawing through a Locust.

Or at least I remember Bernie herself clarifying that they're from different islands when someone commented on how they weren't very similar.

Also, Brumak. It wants a hug.

794202-gears_of_war_brumak_super.jpg

Posted

I'm bumping this thread, simply because it does not deserve to die.

And to provide relevance to my post, I will provide links that give good information about the game:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=728185

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=724048

http://crazygamernews.com/2010/05/12/gears-of-war-3-%E2%80%93-gameinformer-scans-show-tons-of-win/

http://gameinformer.com/mag/gearsofwar3.aspx

The song used in the Ashes to Ashes trailer:

Another version of that trailer with Hurt by Johnny Cash instead of Heron Blue:

Also, I just lost the game.

Posted

Crap, I want this game so bad, but its coming out in december and I'll be too busy being in college and not having an xbox360 by then.

EDIT: actually, april 2011. Maybe I'll have an xbox360 by then.

And apparently one of the maps will be a thrashball arena. :)

And I'm reading about this thing called the silverback, which would be so awesome if you could have one in multiplayer, and have silverback duels and stuff.

Posted

I definitely just saw Queen Myrrah on the cover of a magazine for gears of war 3, decked out in battle armor and waving around a gorgon pistol.

LocustQueenGoW3.jpg

I came back to this thread to mention it as fast as I could.

She's probably, you know, Marcus's mom or something.

also, I am excited about playing with this:

gearsofwar3_concept_mech1.jpg

I am a sniper. You can bet I'll be carrying a rifle with me. But I can't decide on what initial gun I should start out with, the lancer or the retro lancer. They both look good to me.

Posted

okay, checked! :)

Posted

Btw Pheo,

Marcus actually found his mom dead in a cave. (From Aspho Fields novel)

Posted

Damn. There goes my theory.

There still obviously a relationship between Adam and Myra though. Maybe Adam was recruited to help stop the lambent?

Posted

Yeah, there's definitely some connection. That, or she admires his work, or saw potential in him. She may have seen it ironic that his son became a soldier, maybe even that he was the one sent to assassinate her.

Posted

Well, I can't imagine any reason why she would see potential in a scientist other than to help her achieve her goals, and it seems like her immediate goal is to keep the locust alive and stop the lambent, which seems like something a really smart scientist would know how to do. Given the fact that Myra is not Marcus's mom (Though that would be a horrible plot twist), Adam was probably abducted to find a way to kill the lambent.