Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule.net Chat Upgrade

31 posts in this topic

Posted

As many of you die-hard Hyrule.net fans know, The Hyrule.net chat channel has been decreasing in size over the past few years due to problem after problem. By the time it linked with my network (NixtrixIRC), it was a shadow of its past existence, and it's such a shame.

------

This is why, Me (Nixtrix) & Tappy have decided it is now in dire need of a full refurbishment. We shall work on a complete fresh approach to TZCN, that will again allow you to host your own channels easily. Another main focus will be the current main channel (#Zelda), I have started work on the channel bot (Zelda) that will incorporate itself into all different parts of the site, so it ensures there is always something for users to enjoy.

A major feature to this revamp is that we are listening to all the different users at Hyrule.net first, You are important in this website and keep it healthy and alive. So we feel it's important that you guys have the first dabs in stating what's the problems with the current setup and fresh ideas for the refurb. We're waiting on your ideas so please feel free to comment at any time!

If you would like to contact me directly please email me at [email protected]

Thankiess

Nixtrix.

Posted

HI NIXTRIX

Posted

HI NIXXY

Posted

SERGEANT CO WHY AREN'T YOU AT YOUR POST?

Posted

I AM, GENERAL.

Posted

OH THERE YOU ARE

Posted

I'd rather see Hyrule.net Radio back up. I miss listening =(

Posted

It is up

Posted

HI NIXXY

We really needed this

Posted

Yaaaay :>

Posted

I like the green background with the white letters, if we could go back to that. and it would be really cool if when you moused over someone's name, it highlighted everything they've said so far. Mibbit does that, but the highlighted part isn't very dark. And everyone's name is the same color so it can be hard to distinguish who's talking when the chat is active.

Posted

So are we talking about the chat network as a whole, or just the chat interface at http://www.hyrule.net/chat

Posted

3 days and counting.. Or the revamp maybe completely off.

Posted

[img]http://ui01.gamefaqs.com/768/gfs_122891_2_4.jpg[/img]

Posted

I really don't know how successful this is going to be, but I hope for the best.

One thing I really don't quite like is Midna, the bot. (No offense, Midna the Bot)
Why do we have two bots, really? And why is Zelda taking a backseat to Midna?
All Zelda is good for nowadays is random bot commands newbies come in and abuse.
She pretty much used to be all that, plus everything Midna does now.
Pretty disappointing.

As for activity, and even I'm guilty of this, many of the old circle has vanished from chat. The only one who I see almost every time I enter now is Muffin. All the veterans left for whatever reason, and it leaves us with the newer folks who abuse chat bot commands or are just WHORES.
Which is sad when you think about it, because sometimes they abuse !quote.
They might never ever meet anyone from their !quote-ing.
It's like chat's an abandoned shell of a civilization, and all that remains are hollow remnants of lost splendor.
Pompei under the rubble.
A ghost town with family portraits still hanging on the walls.
These are the ruins.
Sahaqiel