Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Checking In

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Hyrule.net. I joined this place long ago on a whim, trying to fill a gap in my life I've had for a long time. I never gave you a chance though, and I think you deserve one.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pruning, I think it may have just started me down a path I will enjoy.

Posted

This is so over-the-top, I'm not sure if this is a fabrication pouring from a yearning for acceptance or a friendly visitation. One thing that sets off a few flags is:

In my actual life I was just your average 12 year old, restricted by the conventions of modern society, average student, average athlete, dinner at 6, bed at 9, rinse repeat

I was a very talented natural athlete, and a smart student. These facts allowed my father's fantasy to grow in his head and in mine, and soon it was ordained that I would be the quarterback for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

ORPGers tend to be a bit attention garnering, if you want to know my opinion on that. On top of that, there is a threshold amount of creativity that goes into it. Your identity is the most flexible thing you have.

Regardless, welcome back, whoever you are. I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with you.

You kind of remind me of how I was when I got here. Long winded, utilized my vocabulary just 'cause I had it. Over the years, I realized friendships go down better when you're casual with them. Like you're with friends.

So it's alright to loosen/open up. We're a population of people who are essentially escapists. We all want to have fun.

Welcome on behalf of the Hyrule.net moderating team.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It was quite over the top. State of mind had a lot to do with it, and the contradiction you point out made sense to me but it doesn't really read properly. At 12 I was pretty average, by 16 it was a different story. Regardless, it was a bit too much all at once and I'm really pretty embarrassed as I read over it. I just kind of hammered it out and let it fly. Yearning for acceptance I am not, but loneliness is probably a factor in the decision to hit the post button after I wrote that all out. I'm new in Denver and fairly alone here.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, and after the blush burns out of my cheeks, I look forward to getting acquainted with you as well.

Posted

Jeez you're just a book aren't you?

Welcome, however.

I look forward to your bookness.

Posted

He and Sahaqiel are very similar. Similar avatars. Similar walls of text. Good grammar usage. Saha, do you by chance have a younger brother/clone I should know about?

Posted

My siblings and I are not similar at all.

And they're half-related, so I don't know if that counts.

Actually, this dude is actually me, in disguise.

partytime

Posted

I often invent alternate identities and converse with them, too.

Posted

It was always a hidden fantasy of mine to play handegg for the Fighting Irish.

By the way, I meant ORPGers as in, like, roleplayers.

I assumed that's what you meant.

Posted

Oh? So it's just Saha, I see? Darn. I was just about to find someone I would soon fall in love with.

Posted

I did mean roleplayers, in the sense of people on a forum cooperating to tell a story from a number of perspectives.