Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Heros

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, respecting them and trying to model their good aspects is what I think is the main point. Trying to copy them exactly and worshipping them probably isn't healthy. Like I admire my dad because his job is basically what I wanna be. He knows so much and I can ask him anything. He's been trying to get a better publisher for his book but can't so I think it's a bit sad, but he never lets go of his dream, so I admire that. But I don't think I could say "Be strong like Dad" whenever I need an instant boost of courage. That's where Link comes in :n_n: He teaches me how to go on no matter how hard it is link_sword.gif

Posted

That is also true.

Posted

Indeed it is. Ganondorf is either really stubborn or really determined. *shrug*

Posted

Nah, Link has always been my hero, too. I've tried to model myself after him, always stoic, courageous, and willing to listen.

Well, its not like he can really talk back, lol.

Okay, heros(off the top of my head):

Tom Waits

waits.jpg

Josh Homme

Josh+Homme.jpg

Chan Marshall

20cat_CA1.650.jpg

They're all musicians.

Posted

I respect and admire Albert Einstein, because he managed to come up with groundbreaking scientific theories while working in a Swiss Patent office, but I also admire Richard Feynman for both his human traits, such as safecracking, juggling, and playing the bongos, as well as his knowledge in physics, such as the superfluidic behavior of supercooled helium. However, Sheldon Cooper from the big bang theory is another potential role model, and my family has made several comparisons, mostly regarding interest in physics and traits of Aspergers Syndrome. (for all those trolls who think that I regard myself as a genius, note that it says interest, not knowledge)

Posted

My hero is Link

But if asked for a real person I'd say Jeanne d'Arc/Joan of Arc/Saint Joan of Arc or whatever you want to call her

If ask for someone currently living I'd say "I know of no living person in this day and age that I can fully admire" but school still ask us this question yearly and to be answered in essay formsuspicious.gif

Posted

Well, you know.. Ganondorf has been through more than Link. Ganondorf never gives up. He's been stabbed through the chest and face, but he holds on to his dream.

Ganondorf has been through alot all right, how long was he stuck in the sacred realm again? I'm too lazy to check right now.

If you think about it, was Ganondorf really evil in the first place? All he wanted to do was get his people out of the harsh desert and the only way he saw to do that was to overthrow the Hylian's and get the Triforce, it was only after he got the triforce of power that he became possessed with power and greed and truly turned evil. Even though his dream changed a bit he still returns from whatever happens to him to continue pursuing it. So in a way he has been through more than Link, long term at least. In short term Link's been through much more.

Posted

Jeanne d'Arc/Joan of Arc/Saint Joan of Arc

You could have just said Joan of Arc.

My hero is Brian May

Posted

Different areas have different names for her

Posted

(How has LL not been banned yet?)

Because I like him. I do up his warn every time I get a major complaint like this though. His warn level goes up slower than you think.

Different areas have different names for her

But those are all the same name. Just one specifies she's a saint and one is the exact same name but in French.

Just because we call it the United States and the Spanish call it los Estados Unidos doesn't mean I would say "I live in the United States/Estados Unidos."

Redundant.

Posted

I've wondered that too. He was just trying to help his people but took it too far. Joan of Arc was a very brave woman I think. She burned for her beliefs :cry:

Posted

I look up to my brother, Nick. He's been through a lot with me and helped me through it, and stepped up to be a stable male/fatherly figure to me.

Above him it's probably my mother, for defending my brothers and I, supporting us whenever she could, and fighting for her life.

Posted

:glomp: Gabs, you've been through so much :cry:

Posted

Frankly I think Ganondorf is just the underdog. After hearing his story at the end of games like Windwaker nowadays, I kind of want to kick link in the balls, or let him die. Ganondorf isn't a bad guy.

Posted

Or kill the God damn king. What a douche