Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miyamoto making zelda easier?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

According to Miyamoto, when making a game, Nintendo traditionally creates a demo movie and expands upon the ideas contained therein. However, for the new Zelda, the company first created the game mechanics and then made a demo video to match. He wouldn't elaborate on the reason for the reversal.

"We are trying to make Zelda, which has become very complicated, easier to play," Miyamoto said.

WHAT? Zelda is already a relatively easy game in my opinion. hopefully they are just talking about controls and not actual problem solving.

link to the rest of the interview info found [url="http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20005302-17.html"]here[/url]

Posted

I think they just mean the way it is played, not the difficulty of the game. At least I hope,

I always wondered what a Legend of Zelda with a choice of difficulty(easy, hard, ect.) would be like.

Posted

[quote name='Linox' date='19 May 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1274277732' post='303292']
I always wondered what a Legend of Zelda with a choice of difficulty(easy, hard, ect.) would be like.
[/quote]

It's called OoT and OoT: Master Quest.

Posted

MQ was awesome. And I worry about the nature of this news. Perhaps somebody should ask him what he means. He probably'd be all cryptic though. xD Silly Shigsy!

Posted

They probably mean the controls. Like, you remember how they were like HO MAN MONSTER HUNTER TRI HAS GOOD GRAPHICS, WHY IS OUR NEW ZELDA GAME SO SHIT IN THE GRAPHICS DEPARTMENT. Well, Monster Hunter's controls are pretty shit without a Classic Controller. So, they are probably trying to make the controls as easy as possible for anyone.

Posted

Mm... I wouldn't say they're difficult per se, but I've always found myself looking up a walkthrough for any Zelda game at some point in time.
I like Zelda's level of difficulty, though. Its not maddeningly hard, but its not terribly easy either. I think a Zelda with a bit of a higher level difficulty of than Okami's would be perfect: just as long as each boss wasn't insanely easy, but the final boss was annoyingly hard to beat.

Posted

Yeah in Okami you could just button mash most bosses
Except the last boss which was really hard

Posted

Meh. TP was already difficult enough, but if they decide to make it easier then it would get boring. I mean I don't want it too easy like PH, but I don't want damn near impossible like ST.

Posted

They were talking about controls, I think.

Posted

both games were too easy

AND IF ANYONE GOT STUCK IN THE LAVA AREA AT GANONS CASTLE IN MASTER QUEST YOU HAVE 2 BACKFLIP TO GET THAT silver rupee

Posted

[quote name='Phantasmagoric Hero' date='19 May 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1274284677' post='303296']
It's called OoT and OoT: Master Quest.
[/quote]
Thats not quite what I meant. sure the puzzles were harder in OoT: Master Quest, but not the enemies.

What I mean is that when you start a new game it asks you if you want to play the game on easy, medium, hard, hero, legend or something like that to make the enemies stronger or weaker.

Posted

"Easier to play" makes it sound like he's going for a simpler gameplay mechanic. Assuming that's the case, I can see where he's coming from. Each Zelda, over the past few years, has become more complex, from 2d, to 3d, to adding parry attacks, transforming into a wolf... a bunch of gimmicks (except for the 2D/3D transition). While Link gains more and more abilities, enemies have pretty much remained the same. Think of Link's abilities and enemies in A Link to the Past compared to now. I theorize that this is what makes the newer Zelda games easier, for the most part. Hopefully, shaving away the complexity would actually make the game harder, more of what it once was.