Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reggie spills the beans.

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Reggie Fils-Aime, the awesome (Yeah he's awesome! :lol:) president of NoA spoke with Stephen Totilo of MTV, and spilled the beans on some good things to come for the Wii.

------

[quote]
The focus on Metroid Prime 3 is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. ... What that means is we're going to make sure it's perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers -- the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer -- need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that's a little later than folks would have liked, I'm hoping they're going to be happy.[/quote]Yes, MP3 will most likely be delayed. Althought it may be worth the wait after all. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like TP did.

[quote]
It certainly is a franchise near and dear to Mr. Iwata's heart, and it's something I'm trying to get smart on to understand whether or not there is an opportunity here. But certainly I've seen the success in Japan. That hasn't gone unnoticed. And it's certainly something we're looking at."[/quote]

Could he be talking about the Mother series? I'm not a big fan of Ness myself, but aparently they are good games. We'll have to wait and see...

Check his last quote now:

[quote]
We have a tremendous amount of old Nintendo Power [magazine]content, for example, that we could present to consumers as a way to get smart about Virtual Console.[/quote]

That sounds like a pretty awesome idea to me! ^_^

You're the man, Reggie!

Source: [url="http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1171714095&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&"]The Hylia.[/url]

Posted

[quote name='Relean' post='29779' date='Feb 17 2007, 07:42 PM']Reggie Fils-Aime, the awesome (Yeah he's awesome! :lol:) president of NoA spoke with Stephen Totilo of MTV, and spilled the beans on some good things to come for the Wii.

------

Yes, MP3 will most likely be delayed. Althought it may be worth the wait after all. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like TP did.
Could he be talking about the Mother series? I'm not a big fan of Ness myself, but aparently they are good games. We'll have to wait and see...

Check his last quote now:
That sounds like a pretty awesome idea to me! ^_^

You're the man, Reggie!

Source: [url="http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1171714095&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&"]The Hylia.[/url][/quote]

Awesome! Wow, I really need to stop by The Hylia more often! It's got great news :D

Posted

They actually got it from MTV... I'll try to find other sources besides The Hylia to post news.

Posted

A few remarks:
I have played the Eartbound (or Mother as they are known in Japan) and they are good games.

That did sound a good idea. About the virtual console.

I can't wait for MP3.

What did you mean by "Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like TP did."?

Posted

Long wait:didn't live up to it. No one wants that to happen to Mp3

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='29802' date='Feb 17 2007, 10:51 PM']Long wait:didn't live up to it. No one wants that to happen to Mp3[/quote]

At this point, when I feel that Metroid is a fanboys-only and overmilked series, I could care less.

Call me a jerk, but I hope MP3 is the end for the series or Samus.

Didn't she destroy all the metroids in Super Metroid?

Posted

Metroid Prime 3 is a must buy.....

Posted

[quote name='Hyrulian_Master' post='29816' date='Feb 18 2007, 07:50 AM']Metroid Prime 3 is a must buy.....[/quote]

Hm, two very insulting (at least sometimes) People arguing with each other. that is a must SEE.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='29802' date='Feb 18 2007, 03:51 PM']Long wait:didn't live up to it. No one wants that to happen to Mp3[/quote]

I think TP lived up to it...

Posted

Didn't live up to it? Zeldafancs, was there something else you were expecting? Lived up to it well enough for me and more...

Reggie actually SAID that metroid Prime would be similar to Twilight Princess in the respect that they'd make sure they got it as good as it could be before releasing it

Posted

It was a great game, but it certainly did not live up to the hype.

We are preparing more that you could ever expect.- [i]Nintendo, on Ganondorf[/i]

I wanted something big this time. And they only showed Ganondorf 2 times throughout the whole game. That's what Zeldafancs and I, and a lot of people believe.

Posted

Do u think it didnt live up to it because ganondorf only was in two scenes? that was a poor argument... i loved tp and didnt accpect anything more

Posted

Well, me, being a massive metroid fan, i'm looking forward to MP3, and if it's gonna be "Perfect" then this will be the best metroid game to date. But i'm sure it won't beat super metroid xD

Posted

[quote name='forbiddenforest' post='29960' date='Feb 19 2007, 04:40 AM']Do u think it didnt live up to it because ganondorf only was in two scenes? that was a poor argument... i loved tp and didnt accpect anything more[/quote]

-Lack of sidequests.
-Bosses easy as hell.
-Easy dungeons, (except for the freaking City in the freaking Sky. >_>) specially the last 2.
-Wolf parts = Boring.

I could go on forever.

Posted

Hmm... I think Nintendo made TP easy for more people to start playing Zelda games... or that's just me... (off topic)