Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DS Hype - A look under the loop.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Now the E3 2010 burn out by most of us has taken down, I just got a kick back to the hype out of the nothing.
Really I though I finally was off this Nintendo 3DS addiction from the E3 2010 and could life on!

So for people who'd like to see more or have a complete round up of the 3DS for all we know now that is, you're at the right place.
For my self I thought this would blow of some steam from this great Handheld of Nintendo, Nintendo again proves us all how they are a step ahead.

------

Nintendo just got about the right timing releasing something new, something pure. Something that improves experience even more.
As Sony's and Microsoft's E3 wern't more worthy than a Wii remote 'n Nunchuk clone and a Eyetoy clone. (Ironic hmm?)
Nintendo really blew Sony and Microsoft and all of the fan boy's and hatters away with the 3DS.
Besides the nostalgic feelings by the returns of Kirby, GoldenEye, and in my opinion Donkey Kong Country [i]Returns[/i] was the best and unexpected return at the whole E3.
I though Zelda Skyward Sword was the very best Nintendo had to offer until I saw Donkey Kong Country Returns and GoldenEye went there. I really knew this would become the best E3 in past two years of Nintendo and therefore also beat Sony and Microsoft easily.

But now, let's get to the 3DS round up where this topic should be all about.

(3)DS(i) specs:
[spoiler]
[img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/3DSiSpecs.PNG[/img]
[/spoiler]

Noticeable new design:
[spoiler]
[img]http://adrbrew.zeldafan.net/art/3DS_HW_01image_Blue_E32007.png[/img]
[/spoiler]
Just like the DSi (XL) the Power button is placed under the button controls.
Unlike the DS Phat, which had them just above the button controls. The DS Lite had it just at the right side of the console.

I actually like to see the DS Lite power button in the final desing, as most of the 3DS specs we know now, they ain't finalized yet, and are To Be Announced. Why would I prefer the DS Lite Power button? As you won't press it on accident once you're intensively gaming and pressing the control buttons.

The 3DS hardware have been claimed to use the "DMP Maestro 2G(PICA200)"
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV6rORIUDAg[/media] Available in HD 720p.

Now how would the 3DS Menu and the software features happen to be?

Nintendo didn't told us much about this, but with all interview information and in game screens we can already tell you the Mii's are definitive a part of the 3DS.
I even believe they will be more than just play characters in some games, but actually get a use in Mii Plaza, as meeting and chatting around at people online or in range offline.
It's like Wii but better, think about Playstation 3's Home. I really hope to see that.
Pictures as 'PilotWings 3DS' and a race track in 'Mario Kart 3DS' actually play in the 'Wii Sports Resorts' land.

I believe Nintendo is updating the Mii's possibility on 3DS and make us able to walk through that land online or offline with others if other 3DS owners are in range.

And I also amuse the Mii's on your Wii can be transfered to your 3DS and vice-versa.
If you'd like to read more about the Mii's you might like to read my 'Prediction' and 'Confirm' of Mii's on 3DS:
[url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?/topic/15423-hyrulenet-3ds-prediction-3ds-to-use-miis/"]Prediction[/url] - [url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?/topic/15452-miis-on-3ds-confirmed/"]Confirmed[/url]
I've also posted a PilotWings and MarioKart out of the few that prove the 3DS has Mii's and will use the Land of 'Wii Sports Resorts'.
Check out [url="http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/"]e3.nintendo.com[/url] to view more pictures of these 2 games!

Also confirmed is that Luigi's Mansion 3DS is to be released!
We may expect more Gamecube titles on the 3DS, as Nintendo have been doing experiments with 3D since NES.
And really tried to do it on the Gamecube already, with hanging a Intern Screen onto it. But that would be to expensive to sell.
Wind Waker 3DS? Mario Sunshine 3DS? :D I can't wait to see these two coming.

Pikmin probably will just get's its own tile on 3DS. No 3DS re make needed for that one.

Last thing I'm going to say about the 3DS for now is that the face detection is now actually gonna work and being intelligent!
At the DSi they tried to have 3D effects thanks to the DSiWare game 'Tales in a Box - Hdden shapes in perspective!' by Good-Feel.
Video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAg1s7xfz0[/media]

The idea was to make actual usage of the camera inside for games.
But it failed, you have to sit at a location with none other moving objects around you and keep the came right in front of your face. It's doing its job but you can't enjoy it for to long.
Besides how did you like to tap the touch screen without moving the DSi or your Head at all, to select you've found a hidden shape. As if you move you will lose the hidden shape and you have to re control the camera back to the hidden shape and try again.

I personally can't wait for, like a lot others of course. Hopefully it cost much more than 200 as long it's below 250.
Still will buy it though, but I'd did like to spend the money on a game to actually have even more fun with it, besides the 3D Camera.

Sony is jealous, at one hand saying how great 3D is, and at the other hand saying how the 3DS isn't doing the right thing.
Microsoft is left behind with a fix for Red Ring of Death, namely: "No matter when, even mid in game, give a error message and turn the console off just before the Red Ring of Death overhead. Without saving! Go 360Slim!"

So far the most highlighted 3DS information I though that would be interesting.
Of course we will keep you updated with more of the latest Zelda and 3DS news!

Posted

[quote name='Adr990' date='18 July 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1279486336' post='314182']
Nintendo's just got about the right timing releasing something new, something [u]pure[/u]. Something that improves experience even [u]more[/u].

Nintendo really [u]blow'd[/u] Sony and Microsoft and all of the fan boy's and hatters away with the 3DS.

Also confirmed is that Luigi's Mansion 3DS is to be released!
[/quote]
YEAH, RHYMING

lol

WHAT.

WHAT.

[U]WHAT[/U]?

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' date='18 July 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1279489435' post='314186']
YEAH, RHYMING

lol

WHAT.

WHAT.

[U]WHAT[/U]?
[/quote]
Fixed some things, and sorry for that one. I don't know how I could write that. :P

[quote name='Largely Legendary' date='19 July 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1279492021' post='314188']
You're english it's terriblel.
[/quote]
You're = You Are.
Therefore it should be "Your English is terrible.".

Posted

He was making fun of you.

But, dude. WHAT, LUIGI'S MANSION 3DS.

Posted

He did post 'you're' while meaning 'your' several times in fact.

But yes, its true! A dutch man interviewed Hideki Konno and so it's confirmed.
Besides this was already told to us in Iwata-asks before.

Posted

They're making Lugi's Mansion for 3DS?! O-O
*cheers*

I like how the power and charging lights on the 3DS are dimmer than the DSi's, they're too bright. And I like how they mode the LED's back to the bottom like the original DS :D

Posted

Okay, looking past the spelling/grammer errors (seriously, get someone to proofread your articles), you put your opinion in this article far too much.

I don't care how you feel about Sony or Microsoft, and I don't want to hear about it in the article, nor about the Wii or anything else. This article is about the 3DS, so talk about that. You obviously agree with me when you say, "but now, let's get to the 3DS round up where this topic should be all about."

Otherwise, fairly informative article. Thanks for providing the videos.

Posted

[quote name='Chase' date='18 July 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1279511658' post='314219']
grammer
[/quote]

Posted

Grammar. Happy?

Apparently, Hyrule.net treats grammer as a correctly spelled word, so I didn't catch it. My bad.

Posted

Can you stop fighting??