Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My view

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I brought my Sansa View on a boy scout camping trip. My friend suggested that I stick it in his coffee can. I did, and he put his cellphone and ipod in it as well.

I pulled it out, two days later, to find it had a totaled screen. I was dubios of that three sided deathcan, and now my friend is being a jerk, saying it wasn't his fault.

Is it my fault? Does he have to replace my Sansa?

Posted

Does he have to replace my Sansa?

That would be up to the two of you to decide.

In all honesty, I think the blame falls on BOTH of you. He offered, you complied. Either that or the blame is on neither of you. If it isn't his fault, it certainly isn't yours. (It was essentially under HIS ownership, if he wasn't the one taking care of it, at least know, it wasn't broken in your care either)

If I were in the situation, I'd say we were both to blame and I'd come up with a rational way to pay for the phone. Perhaps the two of you can pool in 50% of the price? I mean, the situation happened because of his stupid idea of placing it in there.

Posted

You know what? That actually makes sense. It is partially my fault, and also his. Thanks!

Posted

As an eagle scout, I say bringing any electronics aside from watches and safety things like cellphones is a horrible idea for a camp out.

Posted

I wouldn't prevent myself from bringing my Nintendo DS...

However, that's only if I'd be able to recharge it at some point during the trip.

Posted

Never during the trip would you be able to recharge.

Posted

If only trees had plug sockets :<

Posted

It's times like these that I miss portable video game systems being run on batteries.

Posted

If only trees had plug sockets :<

This.

Posted

Is it my fault?

Yes.

Posted

Which friend? And why, oh why did you consider bringing it on a Scout trip and in a coffee can!

Posted

As an eagle scout, I say bringing any electronics aside from watches and safety things like cellphones is a horrible idea for a camp out.

This, the only safe place for your electronics while camping is in a vehicle.

Posted

You didn't have to do it, so really the only person you can blame for it is yourself.