Spelunky Werewolf - Wolves win! Kimmy and Muff too!

354 posts in this topic

Posted

He was just doing haikus to be a dick.

I lol'd forever.

See, I believe I won here. I did exactly what I wanted to accomplish. Hold the fate of the game to one of my decisions, and troll you hilariously with my beautiful poetry.

In short, I could have told you all that Aethix is a superwolf in the downtime period when we were waiting for shadowknight, but you guys decided to kill me rather than the person you all suspected was an actual wolf.

If you thought it through a bit more, you would have been confused as to why I wasn't dead yet, despite posing a threat to the wolves as a killer. You would also have been confused as to why my abilities never met with my targets to my severe frustration, and there was always a kill that I made and a kill someone else made, and they were always town. If I was a wolf and there was an indie/town killer also killing, they would have spoken by then and pointed a finger at me.

The decision it all boiled down was to tell you Aethix's great slip up when he told me I killed kaffles using his observation ability. I never targeted kaffles, but she died, apparently by my hand. I was never told whether or not I killed my targets, or even of what happened to my ability. And, if Aethix truly saw my action, he would have seen the action that redirected it, and wouldn't have truly suspected me.

In a less twisted way of thinking, he also would have informed us all of other happenings if he had the ability to scope peoples' actions, and keeping quiet up until this point wouldn't have been beneficial to the town anyway, confirming who's innocent and who's guilty, etc.

Posted

Hehe, well. I suppose I'll have to step it up a bit next time if the games end up being this good.

I kind of suspected Aethix, but I really thought it was Saha instead of Pheonix.

Posted

as far as sahas prolonged life, i guarded saha the night i died....i dunno though if pheo was targeting me or saha, and im curious...

basically im just wondering if my martyr-power was in any way useful...no idea how saha survived after though...

Posted

HEROES

DocHobo, you are Spelunky, our brave hero! You are the heroic Jack of All Trades.

Along with Damsel (Pheonix561) and Digger (Aethix), you are attempting to enter the cave, and not only survive, but also collect the wealth of treasures within! Who knows what perils await?

To help you on your quest, you've brought along some useful gear:

Bomb (The Pierce Kill): once per game, you may use the Bomb in place of your faction's normal Nightly kill. The Bomb is sure to kill its target, and will penetrate all manner of protection. To use this ability, use the command Bomb: Player in the Heroic Common PM. On a Night that you use a Bomb, you will be carrying out the kill. You have one (1) Bomb.

Rope (The Bulletproof): see anything deadly coming for you in the night? Never fear! Just toss this springy coil upwards, and clamber up to avoid certain doom! (This will automatically protect you from a Night kill.) You have one (1) Rope.

Flare (The Detective): let your light cut through the darkness! The Flare will allow you to target one player at Night and discover who (or what) they are. To use this ability, use the command Flare: Player in the Heroic Common PM. You cannot use this ability on a Night that you are carrying out the kill. You have one (1) Flare.

In the cave so far, you haven't encountered a Piranha. You and you alone know that Piranha is not a character in this game.

A JoAT, especially one loaded up like this one, is extremely powerful when used correctly. DocHobo unfortunately never saw the light of day. As a note: the Rope didn't save Hobo from death because he was the one targeting Kimmy, rather than it being the other way around. If he had Bombed her rather than just using a normal kill, he would have survived.

Pheonix561, you are Damsel! You are the heroic Hysterical Dame!

Along with Spelunky (DocHobo) and Digger (Aethix), you are attempting to enter the cave, and not only survive, but also collect the wealth of treasures within! Who knows what perils await?

To help your dashing comrades out, you will OH GOD A SNAKE

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN

At night, you will automatically run away from any one player's action that directly targets you. If more than one player directly targets you at the same time, however, you will be cornered and unable to run away, and every action will take its course. Note that Aethix may still target you at Night, and that his ability does not count to that total.

In the cave so far, you haven't encountered a Mummy. You and you alone know that Mummy is not a character in this game.

A nice simple role I thought up. I love the flavour.

Aethix, you are Digger! You are the heroic Redirector!

Along with Spelunky (DocHobo) and Damsel (Pheonix561), you are attempting to enter the cave, and not only survive, but also collect the wealth of treasures within! Who knows what perils await?

To assist you in your quest, you've brought along your Mattock, and you can use it to dig new tunnels to confuse the local wildlife. Once per Night, you can use the command Redirect: Player1 and Player2 in the Heroic Common PM. Player1 is the player you're redirecting, and Player2 is the Player1's new target for their action that Night. In the event that Player1 has not made an action that Night, a tracker or similar role will still observe Player1 to have targeted Player2. You cannot use this ability on a Night that you are carrying out the kill.

In the cave so far, you haven't encountered a Jiang Shi. You and you alone know that Jiang Shi is not a character in this game.

A redirector. Protects Spelunky at Night, or punishes townies who've claimed their ability. This role is the reason that the Heroes cut so efficiently through the Town ranks at Night, with the help of Kimmy and Saha.

Welcome to the Heroic Common PM. This is where your band of no-goodniks (DocHobo, Pheonix561 and Aethix) will plot their nefarious deeds. You're essentially the Werewolves of this game.

Once per Night, you may discuss amongst yourselves and choose one player to kill, as well as choosing which one of you will make the kill. The person making the kill will then use the command Kill: Player to do so.

You win when your group outnumbers the other remaining players. Good luck!

CAVEDWELLERS

Sahaqiel and Hiro Protagonist, you are Wang and Dong, members of the Noble House of Black Marketeers! You are the cavedwelling Shopkeepers!

Welcome to the Masonry Common PM. In here, and only in here, you two may discuss the game outside of the thread at all times. Later, if one of you dies, the other will receive a new ability, and more information will be given to you at that time.

You can both be sure that the other is a member of the Cavedwellers. Treat this as mod-confirmed information.

A very strong role, the Mason is a classic. Saha professed that it was useless, however, since everyone was already talking outside of the thread. (p.s. I modkill people for that.) Regardless, this Mason had a twist: when one died, the other became a Compulsive Vig. Good in the right hands, but could go disastrously wrong, and did.

Teto, you are Giant Spider! You are the cavedwelling Webkeeper!

Once per Night, you may PM me the command Web: Player to trap one player of your choice. That player will not be able to make any actions that Night. They will also be safe from nightkill for the Night.

A standard Jailkeeper. Can protect his Town targets while keeping them from acting, or trap suspected Heroes.

GMP, you are Snake! You are the cavedwelling Hider!

Once per Night, you may PM me the command Hide: Player. You will hide behind that Player. If you hide behind a player who is not heroic, you will be protected from all kills that Night. If you hide behind a player who is heroic, you will die. If the player you are hiding behind is killed that Night, you will also die.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, unbeknownst to all, was your real cop, and a powerful cleared townie as well. The proper way to play this role is to claim it on Day 1. Then, you tell the entire thread who you'll be targeting in the night. If you end up dead in the morning, the Town knows that the player you targeted was a wolf. This role was one of the main reasons that Spelunky had his Bomb. The Redirector ruins this role quite handily, as well, which is why the Pot exists (see below). GMP elected to not hide, and consequently got killed in the Night. And of course, Ammonsa never really played the game.

Ganondorf333, you are Frog! You are the cavedwelling Daredevil Vigilante!

Once and only once per game, during the Day, you may use the command Leap: Player in the game thread. You will boldly leap at that player and attempt to kill them!

A fantastic pro-Town role. Rather than killing anyone, the Daredevil Vig fails its kill. Its real purpose is to confirm itself as Town. In theory, an anti-town faction like Werewolves have to kill cleared roles like these if they want to keep themselves hidden, leaving stronger power roles safe from attack for a Night. In practice, you guys somehow managed to lynch it. I was laughing all night.

Linox, you are Skeleton! You are the cavedwelling Fragile Townie!

Because you're just bones held together by nothing, you take one less vote to lynch. :<

I love roles like this. Linox played it at its best; as if he were a Vanilla Townie. You'll usually see this role called 'Hated' rather than 'Fragile'; that was a flavour choice.

Shadowknight, you are Yeti! You are the cavedwelling Tosser!

If you are targeted by any player's action during the Night, you will Toss that player towards another random player, and that random player will be targeted by the action instead of you. The Tossed player will be informed that they have been Tossed, but not who they've been Tossed to.

You only have a 50% chance of tossing players who are targeting you with a kill, and a 0% chance of tossing players who are targeting you with a piercing kill.

A Deflector. Swingy role with potential for mayhem.

Cascade, you are Alien! You are the cavedwelling Radar!

Once per Night, you may PM me the command Radar: Player. You will see all players that player has targeted that Night, as well as all players who have targeted that player!

A very powerful role. One of the strongest the Town had, with no drawbacks.

Chimetals, you are Monkey! You are the cavedwelling Bodyguard!

Once per night, you may PM me the command Guard: Player to jump onto that player's face. While on their face, you will be directly in the way of any incoming bullets or similarly deadly attacks, and you will die in place of that player.

Standard Bodyguard. Lots of killing roles made this useful, and the game needed more targeting roles as well.

Largely Legendary, you are Bat! You are the cavedwelling Echolocation Cop!

Once per Night, you may PM me the command Echo: Player. You will be told whether or not that player is Humanoid in shape.

A useful role if used properly. There were a lot of humanoid players in the game, but the heroes were all humanoid, so this helped narrow them down.

That-1guy, you are Caveman! You are the cavedwelling Strongman!

You can survive one, and only one, nightkill during this game.

Pretty straightforward. With lots of killing roles in the game, this one would have been useful. I have no doubt that someone would've tried to kill T1G some night, lol.

Umbreon, you are Vampire! You are the cavedwelling Compulsive Night Stalker!

Once per Night, you must PM me the command Stalk: Player. In your bat form, you will fly around near the ceiling and watch that player in a creepy sort of way. This will have no effect on the player whatsoever, but the player will be informed that they feel like they're being watched.

A role to confuse the Radar. In retrospect, I should've split the Radar into separate Watcher and Tracker roles, to allow for more confusion. It was certainly funny when Pheo thought that someone had caught him making a kill, and started freaking out.

Hopi_pottery_2_side.JPG

Ammonsa, you are a Pot! You are the cavedwelling Surprise!

Small creatures of the cave like to hide inside of pots. What's inside you now? Who knows? When certain conditions come true, you will find out what is inside of you, and your character will change!

Pot was a replacement role. It would take the place of whoever died first: Snake, or Spider.

INDEPENDENTS

Fierce Muffin, you are Hawkman, cultist of Kali! You are the independent Lyncher-Jester!

Your goal in this game is to get Caveman (That-1guy) lynched; they are your “lynchee”, but they don't know it. You must be one of the votes on your lynchee's lynch for this step to be successful. After you have gotten your lynchee lynched, you must either die or be lynched. After completing these two conditions in that order, you have won the game. The game will continue after you have won.

A simple Lyncher alone would've been too easy to win. In hindsight, I should've made it so that this role had to be lynched, not just dead in general.

Kimmy, you are ManTrap! You are the independent Murderizer!

You couldn't care less about protecting the treasure in this cave. Your goal in this game is a simple one: eat. It doesn't matter to you who becomes your meal, you just know that you'll need to eat three players to get full and win. But being a plant, you don't have much in the way of mobility. You'll need your prey to come to you.

At Night, if any player targets you with a night action, you'll eat them. Om nom.

In addition, if you are lynched, you will eat the player who voted for you last. And if that player is your third and final meal, you will win posthumously.

When you win, you are removed from the game and play continues.

My favourite role of the game. By definition, a Paranoid Gun Owner (which this role essentially is) doesn't die when attacked at night. After learning of this role, the Heroes put it to use brilliantly.

cavestory-spelunky-talk.png

Kaffles, you are Quote, robot from the surface! You are the independent Limedark!

Caves are your thing. They're your specialty, and you don't appreciate some little upstart coming in and stealing your limelight. You need to make this game your game. And to do that, you'll need to accomplish two things.

1) You need to make it to the end of the game, alive.

2) The character named “Spelunky” must be dead.

If the other members of the evil faction survive, that is of no concern to you. You will win as long as you endgame and Spelunky is dead.

You and you alone are the only player to know that Magma Man is not a character in this game.

I really wanted this role to win. I thought she had it in the bag after Hobo hit Kimmy. Shame on the Heroes for nightkilling Kaffles.

Posted

I really enjoyed this game. I figured Pheo was a wolf, but only after I died.

Posted

You guys are so bad.

Pheonix didn't even claim a character. He claimed a shitty "random" ability. When has that ever happened. Nabe even agreed it was worse than when I claimed Wario and that I eat Garlic and that I use a random ability.

He agreed the same claim was worse than mine.

That's how bad Pheonix was. And you killed a confirmed Townie. A confirmed Townie. By Nabeshin, the game's host. And another that was completely agreed to be a townie. How the puppy.

But that doesn't matter because Kimmy and I are twins and when one ask if want ice cream cone, I hammer Kimmy, she eats me, and we both win. lol.

Posted

I like to think I played this game very well for a wolf who was determined to be as active and chatty as possible in order to keep the game active. I didn't want everyone to stop talking altogether and win through inactivity, but I didn't want to leave that role to someone else, either.

Posted

Hey Nabe you know what would be cool? Uploading a summary of the nights in this game. Spend the next two hours doing that/spoiling me k?

Posted

Night 1:

DocHobo targets Kimmy

Aethix redirects LL to Saha

LL echoes Aethix

Teto webs no one (inactive)

Umbreon stalks Teto

Chimetals guards Cascade

GMP doesn't hide

Night 2:

Pheo targets Shadowknight (toss to GMP)

Aethix redirects Cascade to Kimmy

LL echoes Pheo

Teto webs Kaffles

Umbreon stalks Ganny

Saha becomes vig; targets Linox

Chimetals guards Pheo

GMP doesn't hide

Ammonsa becomes Snake

Night 3:

Pheo kills Chimetals

Aethix redirects Saha to Kaffles

LL echoes Teto

Teto webs Ammonsa

Umbreon stalks Pheo

Saha targets Pheo

Chimetals guards Saha

Ammonsa doesn't hide (inactive)

Night 4:

Pheo kills Teto

Aethix redirects Saha to LL

LL echoes Aethix

Teto webs Aethix

Umbreon stalks Aethix

Saha targets Shadowknight (toss to Ammonsa)

Ammonsa doesn't hide (inactive)