Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stupid Misery Mire...

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, I've been trying to replay A Link to the Past recently, and the boss of Misery Mire (Vitreous, the giant eyeball) is just beating the crap out of me over and over. Gamefaqs isn't really helping, and I can't remember how I beat him last time, so I guess I'll have to ask you guys. Does anyone have a good strategy on bating this guy?

Posted

Alright, here's the gist of what to do.

He's just one big giant eyeball that breaks into a bunch of little eyeballs, right? Well, first, make sure you have the tempered sword. If you don't it isn't a big deal, but you seem to be having trouble and the tempered sword would do more damage.

When he turns from green to white, it means he's going to attack. Run to the opposite side of the room. The mini eyes can be defeated with arrows, so get a few easy shots in when you can. You can also use the spin attack to eliminate a lot of them, though be careful. You can use the Magic Cape to avoid damage. Don't touch the water around him at all costs. It hurts Link, as I'm sure you know.

After he starts bouncing around the room, shoot him with arrows. The sword is too risky in this situation.

Posted

Ahh, Misery Mire <3

I think the sword is easier for when he's all around the room. Just ALWAYS have a spin attack ready! :)

Posted

That boss is a dick, no matter how many hearts you have.

Posted

Holy crap, that guy beat him without taking any damage? That's crazy hard.

Anyway, I started using arrows, and I beat the guy with one heart left. Thanks guys!