Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Life in Outer Space

18 posts in this topic

Posted

"The Battle of Nuremberg"! I did a paper on this for history class years ago. I included a drawing I did of what it really looked like, gleaming metal saucers duking it out with craft that resemble modern fighter jets. In it i proposed that the Earth was (and still is) a protected planet. And on that particular day two species were battling for it. Until a third party (illustrated by the big black Mother Ship) put an end to the whole mess.

Posted

i call bullshit

1: no source

2: they only found evidence, a fossil. there is no proof that there was ever life

3: this is old news, it was submitted in 2007, yet was rated b for bullshit during the peer review

4: this is the report of a single person, it hasn't yet been re-reviewed

5: americans (fox news) go puppying crazy at the idea that we aren't alone in the universe, despite the mathematical proof that we aren't. this paper has got much more coverage than it needs/deserves

1. Sourced to the Journal of Cosmology.

2. I'm guessing fossils are not definitive evidence of dinosaurs either? If the fossils were indeed bacteria, that would be life outside the planet.

3. He then redid his research and fixed the issues and resubmitted it to peer review, where it passed and was placed into the aforementioned Journal of cosmology.

4. It has, in fact, been peer reviewed, it must first be published for others to repeat his work. This is simply step one of many.

In case you missed it.

"Given the controversial nature of his discovery, we have invited 100 experts and have issued a general invitation to over 5,000 scientists from the scientific community to review the paper and to offer their critical analysis," Schild wrote in an editor's note along with the article. "No other paper in the history of science has undergone such a thorough vetting, and never before in the history of science has the scientific community been given the opportunity to critically analyze an important research paper before it is published, he wrote."

5. What mathematical proof would that be? I guess mr.Hawking is full of shit.

I'll ignore the fox news jab.