Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rumor: Split Zelda Timeline Confirmed for TP?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, I know alot of people here at Hyrule.net have seen the Zelda Retrospective by GameTrailers, and how there is a split timelin,e and how TP wouldn't be able to fit in...well, I found this theory on TheHylia from someone named Aonuma, and it is his theory on where TP fits! Keep reading!

SOURCE: The Hylia:

User MGoBlue201 has posted the following info/excerpts from Nintendo Dream's recent interview with Eiji Aonuma on the Zelda Universe forums:

"About when is the Twilight Princess timeline set?

Aonuma: In a world some hundred years after 'Ocarina of Time.'

"And 'Wind Waker"

Aonuma: 'Wind Waker' is parallel. In 'Ocarina of Time,' Link jumps to

a world seven years ahead, defeats Ganon, and returns to the time of

his childhood, right? 'Twilight Princess' is a world a hundred some

years after that pacified childhood time.

Well this is rather sensational, and I really believed him since no one in their right mind would make something up and then tell you to check it with other people, but I saw this interview weeks ago, and I was wondering why no one was talking about it. And if they were, I certainly missed the discussion. So since my Japanese is rusty, hell, non existant, I frantically searched around AIM for a second opinion. What I got was much like the first.

"It's a parallel (refering to Wind Waker). After Link defeats Ganon in the future of OoT, he's returned to the time he was a child. TP is the world several hundred years after the time where Link was a child and peace had returned. But in the last scene of OoT, Link, as a child again, goes to meet Princess Zelda. As a result of this discussion, the three related people, including Ganon, are dragged in a different direction to make this story. So in the middle of this one, we can have the scene of Ganon being executed. Therefore, that scene is a story several years after OoT. And so, the executed Ganon is sent to another world, and this time that power will be obtained by...

Nintendo Dream: For what happens next, you'll have to look forward to the game. (laugh)"

Some other interesting stuff:

says something about there being photos at the fishpond which seem like the events of OoT were past events

the response says that with the things that have a relationship to OoT, there was a "is it okay to do this" feeling but it's a part where the staff's playful side showed through

question: even several hundred years later are the connections conscious with places like Lake Hylia and Kakariko Village and others that have the same names?

"clearly we didn't design it to be the same kakariko village several hundred years later"

"we had this village, and there was an event happening there, and we decided 'okay let's make this kakariko village'"

"in this game places with new names like firoone forest and orudin have appeared, but we took those from the names of the three major gods in OoT"

"those place names didn't exist in the era of OoT, but as the long years passed, the people living there became familiar with the names" (or something)

We're working to verify this, for now, it is just rumor...but...

AND Heres another post from The Hylia that is sorta like this one but a bit different!

http://www.thehylia.com/zeldanews.php?suba...mp;ucat=19&

Posted

Yes, I read this too.

It is either very interesting, or bullshit. . .

I haven't seen this anywhere else.

I think TSA may of made it up. . .

Posted

I read that too.

I dunno if TSA made it up, though. It looks real to me.

Posted

thats cool, but I think I've heard it somewhere before. And isn't it Ordon and Faron?

Posted

Wait. . .

If Zelda and Young Link let Ganondorf roam free until the sages caught him, how did he get the Triforce of Power?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

The rest does make sense though. . .

It explanes why the Sages look so different.

Posted

I hate game trailers. I'm sure it's a good site. But every time I'm going to watch a video there always becomes some kind of error and the whole site shuts down.

Posted

I hate game trailers. I'm sure it's a good site. But every time I'm going to watch a video there always becomes some kind of error and the whole site shuts down.

.........This is a rumor posted from somewhere and put onto the Hylia...what does Game Trailers have to do with it??

Posted

Yeah I always thought of it like that: two different timelines: Hyrule saved by Link the 1st in the alternate future and Hyrule with Ganondorf caught in the past after Link returned...

Posted

[if the name didn't give it away i'm TLoZ_Pro,but I can't log in.]

I had sort of the same idea in my head and posted my theory on a forum

Posted

.........This is a rumor posted from somewhere and put onto the Hylia...what does Game Trailers have to do with it??

I think I saw a video about it on GT...

Posted

I still say how did Ganondorf get the Triforce of Power if this is true. . .

Posted

He got it from the sage of time... I never liked that fellow...

Posted

What are you talking about? :huh:

Posted

I'm talking bout the Triforce of Power... Da-ah

Posted

The Sage of Time is Zelda.