Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A theory

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I have an idea,

What if Termina is meant to be the world that we live in.

There are manyreasons that supporrt this, such as:

I am not certain, but I believe, that the inhabitants have round ears.

They seem to fucus on technology, rather than their Hylian Counterparts

If not that, read this article i found:

At the top of the Stone Tower, there is a statue of a hand that points to the sky. Every time I looked at it I wondered why it was there. When I was playing that part of the game last night, I looked at the architecture at the entrance to the temple and I noticed that the tower next to the hand looked very phallic... then I understood.

And now, I think I've solved a large part of the mystery of Majora's Mask.

The Stone Tower is the Terminian equivalent of the Tower of Babel. The story of the Tower of Babel tells of mankind's attempt to defy God by building a tower that would reach the heavens. Because this was an act of wickedness, God thwarted their plans by making every man speak a different language. Unable to communicate, the men could not continue building the tower.

How does this apply to the Stone Tower? Many people here have mentioned that the Triforce can be seen on the statues leading to Ikana and on the blocks Link crosses to reach the top of the Tower. Nintendo did not put the Triforce there accidentally, or as an Easter egg. The Triforce is placed on the end of the tongue of the statue, and the statue uses its tongue to cover its crotch. Clearly the architects of those obscene statues were aware of the Triforce's existence and were mocking the three goddesses.

The hand at the top of the Stone Tower is pointing at the goddesses, and the phallic tower next to it is saying "Screw you." The Stone Tower itself resembles a giant phallus, sticking out of the earth and pointing towards the heavens.

The ancient ones who built the Stone Tower were blaspheming the goddesses of the Triforce. Their plan seems to have been to open a portal in the sky that would lead them to heaven. But the goddesses would not allow this to happen, and they would not let this evil go unpunished. So they flipped the universe upside down.

The architects opened the portal, but because everything had been reversed it led them to hell. And in hell there was a being that had been sealed away during a previous age, a being that had attempted to destroy the world. The architects found the mask of the demon and brought it with them. And so the goddesses punished the builders of the Stone Tower by releasing Majora into their world. That world was then called Termina because it was doomed to end. The men who had found the mask honored it by placing symbols of it in all the temples, as well as in the realm where they had found it (Twinmold's lair?).

Ages later, the Skull Kid stole the mask and the demon finally had a weak host it could use as a puppet. As Majora gained strength, it summoned the moon to come crashing into Termina, as it was the fate of that world to be destroyed. But then a child came into that doomed world, a child who was a member of the race that had been blessed by the goddesses, a child who had carried a piece of the sacred Triforce. That child was Link, and in three days he conquered the devil and saved the world. It should be noted that Link had entered a portal in the sky as he did this; was that the realm the ancient ones had tried to reach? As the moon was cast back into the heavens, the goddesses left behind a rainbow as a promise that they would not again seek to destroy Termina, as God had left a rainbow in the sky as a covenant with Noah after flooding the world.

Interestingly enough, though the goddesses spared Termina, they did send a flood to wipe out Hyrule.

Another thing I want to mention: In the Stone Tower Temple Link found the Giant's Mask, which was a sort of tranformation mask. Each transformation mask contained a being's essence. Was there, at one point, a fifth Giant? Were there two Giants in the East, and was one of them sealed away? The Giant's Mask closely resembles the mask of the Garo Master. Perhaps one Giant was the patriarch of the Garos and the other the patriarch of the Ikanans, and the ancient conflict was the source of the tensions that led to the war that destroyed Ikana.

This comes from Zelda Universe, in a post from Hylian Dan.

There is more, so <a href="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50295">http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50295</a>

Also, has anybody ever seen that weird, portal thing that floats above the boss warp in stone tower temple.

Posted

I have an idea,

What if Termina is meant to be the world that we live in.

There are manyreasons that supporrt this, such as:

I am not certain, but I believe, that the inhabitants have round ears.

They seem to fucus on technology, rather than their Hylian Counterparts

If not that, read this article i found:

This comes from Zelda Universe, in a post from Hylian Dan.

There is more, so <a href="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50295">http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50295</a>

Also, has anybody ever seen that weird, portal thing that floats above the boss warp in stone tower temple.

Interesting. VEEERRRRYYYYY INTERESTING.

GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!

Posted

That is very interesting indeed.

Mind if I use some of it for my theory?

Posted

It should be fine assuming you give due credit to Hylian Dan.

An interesting theory with some nice observations.

Posted

I beautiful Theory. . .

I did seem like Termina was slightly shuned from society.

I never saw the hand pointing to the shy though. . .?

Posted

Relean, you can use this, but make sure you give credit to Hylian Dan, and not me.

ZuZu, don't worry I give full credit to Hylian Dan and the IGN forum upon which he based some of his work, my work was the short bit at the top.

Goron Merchant, the hand was the tower that points up, which is to the right of the unflipped enetrance, this also has a flame of the finger.

I'm glad you all like it, but make sure you read the full article, including responses, that you look at all the Images in th same main post, and also read this article, which was where Hylian Dan got some of his material from:

http://boards.ign.com/legend_of_zelda/b5188/34063485/p17

Also here's the Hylian Dan article:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50295

Posted

This is all VERY interesting. . .

(I always believed Majora was a girl. . .)

--EDIT--

Maybe the Iknan never even knew about Majora and accidently created thier statues in the form of her. Once the tower was flipped, and Majora was released, thier statues revealed her image. . .

WHOA-CRAPPY-LAP!!!!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

If Majora was a girl, and the godesses had some sort of connection to her. . .!!!!!

I'll be in the Fourth Piece section. . .!!!! ^_^ !!!!

Posted

Interesting... well observed.

Posted

Thankyou, but they are not my observations.

Posted

wow, nice observation. i guess it could be possible

Posted

very interesting... one thing tho, wasnt MM made in Japan, and in Japan the majority of people are muslims or buddahs (i cant remember) so the refrences to christianity are slightly unlikely.

Posted

Very interesting theory.

Posted

Wow. I haven't actually beaten MM quite yet (It's one of the ones I'm working on), but I'll have to check it out on my emulator.

Very interesting indeed. ^__^

Posted

Makes sense.

Posted

very interesting... one thing tho, wasnt MM made in Japan, and in Japan the majority of people are muslims or buddahs (i cant remember) so the refrences to christianity are slightly unlikely.

the majour religions in japan is shintoisem and buddhisem. (sorry if i speld it wrong)