Legend Of Zelda- 3ds VC

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I f I was to assume (which i have so get off it) i would say that a mojrity of the user of this forum are apart of the "Ambassador Program" and downloaded The Legend of Zelda, that being the cases i am intersed in the opinions of others (thats a first for me, everyone clap for personal growth) because i feel bad talking bad about something that is awesome and free i just think Nintendo could have done better in some areas for example i don't think it would have taken much work to make them wide screen some may argue and say that would take away from the origins of the game but it could easily be a menu option. save states im on the fence about i don't know maybe they could be unlock by beating the game or by play coins anyway thats my two cents what do you think?

Posted

im rather shocked by the lack of commas, but sadly i dont have a 3ds yet (holding out for a certain color) so im one of the few that wont have the ambassador program.

Posted

I'm rather shocked that this is in the submit content section. :x what am I looking at.

Posted

It's just like it is on the Wii virtual console. No save state, but you come back to exactly where you left off. I just wish the 3DS didn't have such a weird aspect ratio and the games could be fullscreen. Though I guess they could just add a stretch option or something.

Posted

lol ya. If it doesn't, that's weird. Even the original GBA had a full screen stretch option, and it didn't look half bad.

Posted

I can't imagine why anyone would want a full-screen option in The Legend of Zelda, when it's a grid-based game that essentially necessitates proper sprite-to-grid ratio. A horizontal stretch to fit the dimensions would cause the horizontal movement and the vertical movement to seem like different speeds over different distances, and the sprites would be stretched as well.

In return, you get... the lack of sidelined black bars. So in total, why is this desirable at all?

Posted

I don't see how it would be any different than playing a stretched version of Mario Tennis for GBC on the GBA SP. Or any other game, for that matter.

Posted

Yeah, OoX were the same deal, and I never really cared or noticed. Well, I did notice how it would seem that I was waking faster horizontally faster than vertically, but it didn't faze me at all. I just took it as "I'm looking at this scene from an angle".

The screen may look sharper when it's not stretched one way, but the black bars really are kind of drag after awhile. Your vision is supposed to be focused on the screen, and the black bars make it so you're not focused on the screen, because most of the screen is just nothingness.

Sahaqiel

Posted

A new viewing angle wouldn't transform the horizontal dimensions without transforming the vertical dimensions.

Anyway, OoX isn't the same. It's free movement versus grid movement.

Posted

If you were viewing it from like, a platform that's raised, you would see people walking away slower than you would see the walking horizontally, yes. I'm not saying that it's trying to have a 3D perspective, that's just how it goes. Even if I'm wrong, it never hindered my ability to play the game. It just made playing more comfortable. Imagine in Pokémon, if the black box surrounding the inside of buildings were surrounding the screen at all times. It wouldn't feel open-world anymore, like Zelda should feel.

I am p. sure that in LoZ, you did not move on a grid? Like, you were limited to only up, down, left, right, but it wasn't like Pokémon or anything. You still have precision movement. If you don't mean that, if anything, don't all two dimensional games move on two dimensional grids? X and Y coordinates only?

I still don't see how that changes anything. In OoX, it had the ability to move diagonally, and it still didn't bother me at all. I really don't see why you think it's a bad idea. It may not give you the sharpest display or the most sensible movement speeds, but proportionally, you still move properly in both directions. So I don't get your problem.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It blows with the Ocarina of Time 3DS that you can't start from the EXACT spot you saved at.