• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Teto

Time Paradog

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20265 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

The lights fade and a spotlight shines down on me, drawing your attention. I make a low bow to you all. My voice breaks the suspense,

"Welcome to RP Talk! Where we can gather to discuss our day to day activities, with a role playing twist!"

I cross my arms behind my back and begin to pace in front of you all, considering the conditions of this game. I stop and rest my snout on the back of my hand, deep in thought, facing to the side of the crowd. I spoke clearly, yet quietly enough to imply that I was talking as an aside to myself. "To be honest, until now I hadn't really considered any specific rules. It really was a decision based on a whim. A feeling that we all could have fun with a topic such as this."

Lowering my arm I turn on my heel to face you all again. "I suppose I should start with an introduction! I will be appearing as an anthropomorphic dog, as is expected from my reputation. Apart from that, I'll stay more or less the same as I usually do, acting no differently than normal."

"I'll stay as one character, as will you. You cannot be multiple people, but I will allow you to change your form whenever you wish, as long as you indicate clearly that you have. I'll try my best to archive introductions and reassessments of design here, for the convenience of newcomers or those not paying very close attention."

"That's really all I have to ask of you apart from the usual of following the basic forum rules, as well as those of the RP section. Those being not to kill anyone or cause each other unnecessary distress by such means. Try to use common civility and common sense."

I keep still and pause for a moment, watching the crowd, seeing that they eagerly awaited that I wrap up the introductions and let them take the stage. I take pleasure in the situation for a moment before continuing.

"As to the details of our setting. You may feel free to write it however you see fit. To me I kind of imagine I'm standing in my school's assembly hall, not on the stage but beneath it, standing on the same floor as you. Kind of like to say that I'm no higher up than you are because I'm introducing the thread. I really am trying to create the illusion of equality in my mind. Maybe that really only makes some kind of strange sense in my mind. But I digress. You understand that the setting is of your own design, feel free to envision it as you like."

I immediately continue, "And! Two more things before I conclude. Firstly, you can retell stories of your day as either written stories wherein you roleplay yourself and other people involved, or simply role playing yourself talking about it. The former would be more interesting, but either is fine. Secondly, if you wish to do so you can discuss things with people in setting too. You could walk through Castletown, or around Lake Hylia, or any other location. Don't think you have to stand still when talking to others in this thread."

"And yes, that is all I have to say. The choice is ultimately up to you how you choose to post here, given that you follow the rules. Most important is that you have fun with it!"
"Now I'll give up the stage to whoever would like to introduce themselves next. It's been a pleasure to hold your attention. Please do ask any questions that occur to you, or even make suggestions. Thank you again."

((So basically)):
Spoiler

#2 T1g

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5580 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

i am a maid for some reason. master

i will probably be posting in here as often as i post in Talk unless you give me a pay raise

#3 pheonix561

Most Exalted Potentate of Love

• +Veteran
  • 12869 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

((So you're saying, we're caricatures of ourselves?))

GRAAAH HA HA HA HAAAAA

I

AM

BEAR/KING/OMNIPRESENT

GIVE ME MEAT

#4 Knuckle

Master of Dimensions!

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Pheo sucks

wwhat a sucky kismesis i bet i'm stronger and wwiser than him noww also girls lovve me more

really none a you peasants can hold a candle to me

#5 T1g

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5580 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

i am everymaid

i am every single personality/trope/stereotype that a character can have, and will randomly shuffle between them

its not like it matters if you know or not though

#6 Knuckle

Master of Dimensions!

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

wwho cares wwhat t1g is, I AM KING PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEE

#7 Teto

Time Paradog

• +Veteran
  • 20265 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

I sigh, raising my paws over my face. "Like I said, we are all equal here. Try not to drag out all this king business here as well! You guys don't seem very enthusiastic to try and do this nicely at all." I lower my paws and cross my arms, a stern frustrated look on my face. I roll my eyes and say "But I mustn't be a hypocrite. I wont stop you guys from doing this, as I've said I'll allow you to play this however you like, but I wont be quiet in how much I dislike it."

#8 Teto

Time Paradog

• +Veteran
  • 20265 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

"If that's what you want out of it I guess that's fine. We can all quietly die here and only realise it's over when we shut our eyes for the last time, and become Pheo."

#9 T1g

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5580 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

it is then, that teto will rename the thread Pheo (RP)

#10 Teto

Time Paradog

• +Veteran
  • 20265 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

I stand for a moment, trying to think of something witty to say. "Well I think that if we all died then nobody would remain to change the title."

I shake my hand and sigh, hesitant to take action against my friends, but irritated by their actions. "Okay I have to say this now. If you were to compare the way you're acting here to the regular Talk thread, you would see no difference. You aren't even RPing now, and based on that I'm going to have to ask you to actually try, or you can take your discussion elsewhere. I wont humour you any longer if you continue in this manner, and I'll start erasing your posts."

I wring my hands a little, a bit flustered and annoyed at myself for handling the situation so seriously. But it really has to be held seriously if anybody will ever listen. "And one last thing, if you are particularly dense and keep doing this despite these warnings, I'll have to start handing out infractions as well. So be warned."

I get a little riled up with all the things I have to say and continue again, despite having seemed to conclude the matter. "I wont have this thread treated as a joke. I really do want this thread to succeed, and for people to enjoy the potentially fun twist to the usual Talk. And if you two keep making a mockery of it, it doesn't have a hope of realising that. So please please please take your nonsense elsewhere or play along. Anything different that you don't like doesn't have to fall prey to your ridicule. This forum will never be able to branch out to embrace new kinds of people if you keep doing that."

I take a deep breath. "Okay that's all I have to say. I does get to me sometimes, you know?"

I wince and wave my hands in front of my face, a meaningless action thrown out in a fit of annoyance. I throw my paws down by my side and rant on, "And, I understand that 'this is how you are', but you'll never improve yourself if you live by that attitude! Treating things poorly just because it's how you've always treated things isn't a good enough reason to continue doing it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users