Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

this game reminds me of Sahaqiel (Anodyne)

11 posts in this topic

Posted

So i picked it up from the humble bundle people for a dollar. It's a pretty cute game that plays like Link's Awakening or the Oracle games. Haven't beaten it yet but i'll probably play some more in a min. Visually though I think this game is really appealing. If Battle Critters would ever become a game, I'd like it to have similar graphics.

http://youtu.be/OjWRU5toicQ

The story so far reminds me of Sahaqiel. Abstract and vaguely symbolic, but not really. Just a good time. :>

http://www.anodynegame.com/index.html

also this character looks like Teto

Tetogame_zps31e50e81.png

Agencereurich and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

lol

this is pretty cool looking. Definitely has some throwbacks to Zelda, like the "Hey! Listen, you're[...]" and the pixellated transition and the screen moving transitions and the Gels and yeah this is definitely inspired by Zelda.

I know mFufni's Adventure is definitely abstract and symbolic,but I don't really see the abstract/symbolic part, unless there's something I missed in the audio, since I don't have speakers on me.

But yeah, looks pretty fun. I'll probably check it out later.

Posted

When I said it reminded me of you, I didn't mean any particular projects you've worked on, but you in general. as a whole. as a person. Youre kinda mysterious almost. LIke you seem super deep or "out there" but i suspect you are probably just a person.

The game takes place inside the protagonist's subconsciousness. There isn't really a story, but it feels like there is. I expect a twist near the end.

Also goddamnit this game is hard.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

We're all just people, Phanta. (;

Posted

Saha i know nothing about you but you have recently become super intriguing to me. We'd probs be good friends if we interacted more often. Lets do that.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I'm bumping this thread because this is actually a great game. I still havent beaten it, but i'm sure im close. I predict this game as a classic up there with cave story.

Yes. I think this game is as good as cave story. PLAY THIS puppyING GAME!

edit- just beat it. really cool game, guys.

In it, you collect character cards that open gates, and i believe i have opened all the gates (the last one needing 36 cards) but im still missing a few cards. I wonder where they are.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I really shouldn't be filling my time spent with the vidya as of now, soz. ;(

Posted

you, and everyone else ignoring this thread, are most deff missing out.

Posted

Well, I'm not ignoring the thread. I think it looks like a really cool and fun game, I just don't need more distractions than my currently weak willpower can handle right now. ):

Posted

i meant everyone else is ignoring this thread. They are sorely missing out.