Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Minecraft Feed The Beast Server

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, I have a 20 slot minecraft server running the modpack Feed The Beast (specifically the ultimate pack). We just updated it because the new pack came out, and the world is completely new and fresh and pristine and all that junk, and I'm inviting all of you guys to come on and jam.

Currently the only people that play on it are me, Sayuri and her roommates, occasionally Chimetals, and possibly some other random people I know, but we can handle a lot more.

If you don't know what FTB is, its a gigantic modpack thats the new hotness right now, and all the cool people are doing it so you should too. There are like machines, and magical shit, and interdimensional portals, and jetpacks, and alchemy, and computers, and bees (oh so many bees), and all kinds of other awesome crap.

If you know what tekkit is its similar but less broken and unbalanced and more extensive.

Server address is two.alecgorge.com - its hosted by my friend who happens to develop a minecraft administration app for the iPhone and needed to add support for FTB and tekkit anyway. Also if you go to http://two.alecgorge.com:8123/ you can see a realtime render of the map.

In order to play, you need to have the FTB modpack, which you can find here. Download the client, and when it launches just select the 'Ultimate' pack (it should be at the top of the list) and click the launch button. Simple.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)

Posted

looks cool. hopefully itll work for me!

Posted

I have claim to some glaciers. Griefing will be met with much hostility and anger.

Taking food, though, is acceptable to me.

Posted

Why is it called Feed the Beast?

Posted

When the mod pack was made a while ago, it was originally for a custom map where you had to toss stuff into a giant animal statue to win, and it just kept the name as it continued to grow and add more mods. I think most of the original mods were just for farming.