Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3DS Demo Thread. Buy it or Trash it?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

So I really love how the 3DS lets you download demos of released and upcoming games. Not only does it help you decide on a purchase, it also helps you kill some time. So here is a thread about demos! Download it, play it, and tell us what you think! At the end of your post, decide if the game should be bought or trashed or still not sure. I'll start.

I downloaded a few games last night-

RhythmHunter Harmo Knight. This game was created by Gamefreak, the makers of Pokemon. It's an adventure based rhythm game similar to Bit Trip Runner. It also has challenging boss fights! Now, this may just be me having no rhythm, but this game is puppying hard. I couldn't even beat the demo! But i'm gonna assume thats just me. The demo also includes a bonus stage featuring the Bicycle song from Pokemon. This game is definitely not for me, but if you enjoy rhythm games, it might be great, so i rate this: still not sure.

Naruto Powerful Shippuden. This is a  beat-em up game set in the world of the popular Naruto series. I was initially attracted to it because it looks really really adorable. And it is! The characters are all animated in SD/chibi form and the graphics are nice an crisp. I even played it with full 3D on (which I never do) and it still looked great! The game has 2 story lines where you play as either Naruto or Rock Lee, though the demo has very little content for Rock Lee. After playing both modes, it seems like Rock Lee is just "hard mode" with a new story and different attacks. I say this because Naruto is way stronger then him and makes the game almost too easy when compared to Rock Lee. At the end of the day, if you are a fan of brawlers, anime, cute stuff, or specifically Naruto, i think this game is a buy it, however if none of those appeal to you, then neither will this.

http://youtu.be/5h8dXHNHTfU

The last game I'm reviewing is The Denpa Men: They Came by Waves. This is a super unique game. It's a JRPG, which means turn based action, though the fight scenes are mostly on auto pilot. But the real gimmick of this game lies not in the battles, but the party recruitment system. See, Denpa Men are all around us. Literally. Whip out your 3DS and find them through the top screen. It's an AR game like Pokemon Dream Radar. Run around your house, school, office, or where ever hunting down Denpa Men to add to your party. The best part about this is that the Denpa Men have names like "Peter" and "Bill" as well as some Japanese names like "Ishaan" and that's just silly awesome to me. Download this demo and check it out now! MOST DEFF a buy, for me at least.

http://youtu.be/VIX09ptIUBQ

so what other demos have you checked out?

Posted

I tried Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater for like 2 minutes. I was originally really hyped for the game, but it took so long to come out that I got the PSVita version (that has more games also). I didn't plan on getting the PSVita version (or know it existed). By the time I played the demo on the 3DS, it was no comparison to the PSVita's graphics. The only benefit it could possibly have over the Vita version is the second screen. I am not trying to compare the 3DS and PSVita in this thread, though. The point is: I tried the demo and it was underwhelming.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Yeah i tried that too. Im not very good at that series though so I didnt get far.

Posted

The only games I have for my 3DS XL are Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart. As well as a shite load of classic Gameboy games.

Posted

I am currently downloading Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. And I played a bit of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It plays how I expected. I have only played Freedom Unite on the PSP and I found it somewhat clunky. The camera on the 3DS version's demo was kind of lame. And it actually matters in this game since the monsters are all over the place and fast-moving. I am going to download it again on my 3DS XL and see if that is a little bit easier to manage. It was awkward to control the camera with the way that I was forced to hold my normal 3DS. So maybe things will be different.