Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Games that combine Magic & Technology

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, this is probably going back before most of your times, but back in the day, in the time of super nintendo's and sega master systems, there was a totally awesome game on SNES called Shadow Run. (Some may know it from the book series under the same name)

This game was an RPG of (IMHO) Awesome standards, I would rate it as good as Zelda rpg's. It was quite challenging but also very fun, Most RPG's around this time were set in medieval times, you know, times of magic, dragons, swords & sheilds, bows & arrows etc. But Shadow Run was set in a futuristic world with machine guns and even hover cars, as well as still keeping the fantasy aspect of magic & dragons within the game.

Since then I've been wondering - has any one else found games similar to this that can combine both Magic & Technology - and still be a really kick-ass game? I'm interested to know because frankly, this game was awesome and I think other games that have the same kind of themes could potentially be other awesome games.

Posted

Well, it's not really a computer game, but the TCG Yu-Gi-Oh! (which i'm really into at the moment) combines magic, and my favourite, machines. It also has beasts and stuff. You can get Yu-Gi-Oh! video games though.

Posted

star wars? do u know if it's on vc?

Posted

I love Magic and Tech games.

Posted

A game like that sounds boring though. Too many combinations are too much, you need the right combo to get everyone to play it. I would give it a 3, out of 5.

Posted

adventure quest does that.

Posted

I have some acquaintances that are fans of Shadowrun... One day they were talking about it for a long time... :)

Posted

pencil and paper make any charecterthat game (shadow run) is also played like D&D. You know with a pencil and paper and make anytype of charecter you want. I think their making it into a videogame again.

Posted

pencil and paper make any charecterthat game (shadow run) is also played like D&D. You know with a pencil and paper and make anytype of charecter you want. I think their making it into a videogame again.

the only thing I understood out of that was D&D (I love D&D) and videogame again

Posted

I have played that, it was quite good.

Also a term for the mixture of magic and technology is Alchemy.

Posted

you might wanna try final fantasy they fit that description and i love those games 12 especially