Followers 0

Nervous About High School.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

I just stick mostly with friends I've met in junior high. :D

That's something wise.

With time you'll get to know the other people :D

Posted

Drinking or doing drugs in highschool is stupid. Many people aren't even ready to make that decision safely in college. I'm all for people trying things in a safe environment, but you have be mature enough to make that choice without screwing up your life or harming yourself. Plus, it's not a safe environment to try things like that. Getting a girl pregnant is a 100% sure way to ruin your life. Practically no one ends up with their girlfriends they had in highschool except people who get someone pregnant. People change a LOT after highschool. Your life is just beginning. Don't ruin it so early.

Babies suck. They scream, get sick, and cost a fortune. They crap and pee all over you and if you drop it you go to jail.

If you do drugs in highschool you will probably get caught, beaten, or overdose. You don't know where it came from and if someone was willing to sell to a highschooler (major penalties for selling to kids) they are desperate to sell and probably aren't to be trusted. Alcohol is small amounts is okay BUT you're young and have no experience with it. Alcohol is toxic to the body and can easily kill a person, especially a person that is small and has small blood volume.

In short, experiment when you're older and wiser and have more trustworthy people around you. I saw way too many people ruin their lives in highschool over getting someone pregnant, doing drugs, becoming a drunk, or almost dying due to alcohol. In my graduating class of 92 we had I think 8 people pregnant, several dropouts from drugs, and tons of drunks.

Work on getting good grades so you can get into college or get a scholarship. GPA and ACT/SAT scores get you good scholarships. Have lots of fun hanging out. In your free time tell people about Hyrule.net.

However, if you're going to do bad things:

Use a condom for all sexual activity. Chances are, the girl you're sleeping with has slept with lots of other guys even if she says she hasn't. You can get a girl pregnant even if she is on her period and even if you stop before the finale.

Don't drink too much. Don't do too many drugs. Never ever do addictive drugs.

This concludes Dustin's advice. I think my druggy pregnant class really influenced me to not want others to have to deal with that. :D

Posted

Unlike other people I know in person, I need to get to know a person to a certain point to trust them. It usually takes me about two months to trust anyone new. :D That's why it's hard for me to make new friends easily in high school.

Posted

:applause::applause::applause:

The great Dustin has talked!!! He has said the safest way to go trought High School! *Makes a reverence to Dustin*

And just because I noticed...

In your free time tell people about Hyrule.net.

I just love you way to make yourself publicity. I laughed with that :D

Posted

Work on getting good grades so you can get into college or get a scholarship. GPA and ACT/SAT scores get you good scholarships. Have lots of fun hanging out. In your free time tell people about Hyrule.net.

Lol. Putting advertisements in your advise, eh?

Thanks Dustin. I'll keep what you said in mind.

Posted

Thanks Dustin. I'll keep what you said in mind.

You'll tell people about Hyrule.Net in your free time?

Hahaha, ok, bad joke

Posted

=P

You can certainly have a lot of fun though. Don't stress through it. Enjoy life; just be safe. :D

Posted

I'm also a little afraid of High School..

I too go there next year.

'Course the High School is the place where I got slapped in the face and ruined my friend's life then fixed it within 5 minutes.

God that was awesome...

Tyler and...Stephanie Baker...

*throws up his own NUTS*

GOD THAT HURTS.

Posted

Another thing, be careful with whom you hang out with.

If anyone does anything that makes you uncomfortable, don't stick around with them.

Posted

If anyone does anything that makes you uncomfortable, don't stick around with them.

That's probably one of the best advices you can get :D

Posted

I just ended my first year, let me tell you, its been hell for me. if your not a jock, your an outcast. thats at my school though. dont get in with the wrong crowd, and dont try to start "la resistance" like I did......

Posted

Thats. . .comforting. . .

Posted

There is almost no bullying at my school, surprisingly.... only 4 fights happened this year, instead of the usual 10... :lol:

Posted

There is almost no bullying at my school, surprisingly.... only 4 fights happened this year, instead of the usual 10... :lol:

You're so lucky...

I got involved in 2 of the 4 big fights of this year... :unsure:

There were diplomatic fights... Don't think wrong of me :embarrassed: (you know, I tell you to stop anoying me with more agressive terms and you answer me like that). One of them was with my history teacher... Hell, I ahte that woman! :angry:

I'll stop talking now :embarrassed:

Posted

You're so lucky...

I got involved in 2 of the 4 big fights of this year... :unsure:

There were diplomatic fights... Don't think wrong of me :embarrassed: (you know, I tell you to stop anoying me with more agressive terms and you answer me like that). One of them was with my history teacher... Hell, I ahte that woman! :angry:

I'll stop talking now :embarrassed:

Actually, I see lots of more fights that are between students and teachers than students with students :lol: Looks like high school kids don't like the attitude some teachers unnecessarily give them...