Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bombs in the royal tomb?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

The game I am referring to is Ocarina of Time. In the royal tomb (the place where you get the sun's song), there are two torches that can be lit with Din's fire. Lighting these torches causes a chest to appear that contains bombs. From personal experience, a chest with bombs usually means a bombable wall is nearby, but none exists to my knowledge. What is the significance of this chest, then?

Posted

Good question Kunckle... :unsure:

I haven't stopped to think about this. When I have some thoughts about this I'll post them

Posted

bomb fest in the royal tomb time?

Posted

Hmm..good question, nice find! But I recall there are many dungeons and rooms that have torches which you light and a chest appears to reveal something you dont need for that dungeon. Its like when you light some torches in Twilight Princess. You dont have to light the torch, but you do anyway and you get like 50 rupees or something. I'm guessing that chest was just something extra. Cool find though! :)

Posted

Maybe they were so you were prepared for Dodongo's Cavern, since it is right before it, but you can't get Din's Fire before Dodongo's Cavern... maybe they forgot to take it out before release? Or it may prepare you for the Shadow Temple or Fire Temple as an adult?

Posted

it's weird but probably just random...

Posted

Wow, thats interesting. . .

Maybe they were put there as an Easter Egg or something. . .

Posted

ive known about this since i first played it its no big thing

Posted

uhh ryu, he wasnt saying it was secret he was asking what the relevance of them being in the tomb was :unsure:

as for me, i have no idea srry

Posted

Probably it was something extra... not relevant.

Have anyone tried to explode anything there?

Or maybe is for replenish your bombs when you're out from the other tombs :unsure:

Posted

I stand with my previous statement lol ^-^ Probably something extra.

Posted

uhh ryu, he wasnt saying it was secret he was asking what the relevance of them being in the tomb was :unsure:

as for me, i have no idea srry

i know iwas just saying its no big thing ive blasted every place in the tomb about 23 million times there is nothing there , altho i had a dream last knight there was a huge extra cave there with all kinds of new enemys and bosses and puzzels and when i beat it in my dream there was a huge chest with a black sword that killed any thing in 1 hit.and when i started a new game i had the sword but i woke up as soon as i got to the deku tree :cry:

Posted

Thanks for your ideas!

Posted

....well in MM there were some holes in the ground that just had chests with Bombchus..... :unsure: So maybe it's just there so you can...get more bombs? ^_^

Posted

....well in MM there were some holes in the ground that just had chests with Bombchus..... :unsure: So maybe it's just there so you can...get more bombs? ^_^

yea like there is arrows in grass or bombs in rocks you blow up with bombs its just to save money