Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Harry Potter - DO NOT POST SPOILERS

23 posts in this topic

Posted

So my copy of the next book comes in tomorrow. Is anyone else getting it? DO NOT POST SPOILERS OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR LIFE.

Posted

lol so ya I got it and I finished actually and harry lol jk... I don't have it but I hope too... I've got all of em'

Posted

My dad told me I could go to Borders and get a copy at midnight (I've been begging). After about 15 minutes of my mom and I running around the house to get ready and calling Borders to find out times for the party thing my dad asked the fatal question: "How much does it cost?" So we called up Borders and it cost over 30 dollars, i think, if you didn't reserve it. Well, we didn't reserve it because my dad refused to. So now I have to wait until tomorrow when we get it at Cost Co.

My hope was crushed :cry: Some people just don't get how huge this is, like the mega huge fans do. I mean, the final book in a series that I've known since I was seven (I think it was my seventh birthday...). HUGE!!

Posted

My dad told me I could go to Borders and get a copy at midnight (I've been begging). After about 15 minutes of my mom and I running around the house to get ready and calling Borders to find out times for the party thing my dad asked the fatal question: "How much does it cost?" So we called up Borders and it cost over 30 dollars, i think, if you didn't reserve it. Well, we didn't reserve it because my dad refused to. So now I have to wait until tomorrow when we get it at Cost Co.

My hope was crushed :cry: Some people just don't get how huge this is, like the mega huge fans do. I mean, the final book in a series that I've known since I was seven (I think it was my seventh birthday...). HUGE!!

that sucks that happened to be with the half blood prince :cry:

Posted

My birthday's coming up soon, so I'll probably get mine then.

Posted

Lol yeah I just got it yesterday ^^ We had to wait in line for like an hour though, line was HUGE. But they started selling the book at 12:00 midnight, and the whole line was in a countdown until 12:00 lol it was funny :)

I also got to see a live owl show, so that was pretty awesome, and some hot chocolate (to keep the people awake lol) It was fun overall, went to bed at like 3:00 am.

Posted

I read the whole book in roughly 11 1/2 hours!! I only got up to take food to my room and go to the bathroom :n_n: It's so sad that the Harry Potter series is now over.... I was crying hard when when I finished the book, I was laughing too.

Posted

Personally, I haven't read the first.

I never really enjoyed the series..

The wizardry was...

too...docile...

*picks up staff and conjures flame on it*

*Cue evil laughter*

Well, enjoy the last book.

Posted

well... I had mine at 0000 hours if Saturday July 21st

As a lot of people here knows... I'm in a Harry Potter fan club, so when the library finally opened the boxes with the books, I was trying to stop people to getin the front line to get the book first :embarrassed:

I was in the line with one of my friends in the club, and when we first saw the book, I started crying (no idea why, I wasn't happy nor sad at the moment). and When I finally got the book, I wouldn't let it go.

My best friend came over and spent all night with me, reading.

I finally fell asleep 7:00 am of the July 21st after reading 11 chapters in a row. My friend didn't slept and she got to 13 chapters.

Yesterday I had to go to the library again so I couldn't read too much and I went to sleep at 11:00 pm I got up at 4 o'clok today :embarrassed:

The bad thing is that I can't talk with nobody of my friends in the club before I finish the book, yesterday, one of them told mw one of the persons that dies in Deathy Hallows, I'm not going to say who! but it was really bad to hear it :cry:

At the moment, the book is great! I'm enjoying it a lot, and I'm going to continue reading in a copuple of minutes :biggrin:

Posted

I'm currently on Chapter 25, and I'm very impressed as to how good of a book it is.

On Chapter 1, it was like, "Zzzzzz... Wait, what happened again?"

Chapter 2 wasn't much better...

Chapter 3 was soooo sweet...

On Chapter 4, it was all of a sudden, BAM! Excitement!

Harry Potter is now more than just a story. And now that it's over, it's more like the end of an era. I think I'm gonna cry... :cry:

Posted

This is funny, everyone here queued up for hours to get it, and I just walked into Angus and Robertson's (my book shop) and bought one. Who here got the Adult version?

Anyway, I just finished it today. The last chapter is plain awesome. What with........ I know, no spoilers.

But the special ending kinda detracted from how good the book actually was. It just felt tacked on.

Zelda Girl, there is likely another book coming out to tie up the loose ends.

Posted

nope this is the last one jk rowling said so... I got mine today can't wait to start reading it..

Posted

I've just finished reading... Now I'm going to sleep before someone noticed that is 5:00 am and I'm not ine bed...

I would post some opinions... but I don't want to post spoilers and be banned :embarrassed:

Posted

You guys are lucky :cry: I forgot so much in the previous book (Half Blood Prince) that I'm forcing myself to re-read it before I read the new one (Its sitting on my desk in my room) I find it weird that I only remember the ending of the Half Blood Prince (maybe because that was the most plot twist part in the book..I dont know) But now that I'm re-reading it, some of it is flooding back to me ^^ I'm at chapter 12, man I really want to read the new Harry Potter book!!! :cry:

Posted

It's not that important, the details of the Half-Blood Prince. If you remember the end, and the death you're ok with Deathly Hallows.

I't's almost a diferent story... Ehil I was reading, I thought that Ididn't knwo a thing a bout Harry Ptter before :embarrassed: