Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GC games compatible on the WII?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

now ive been hearing alot of things on wether or not u can do this. so if u know plz tell me!

Posted

yes u will be able to dot.

Posted

jeez, where have you been? of course, the wii has complete backwards compatability, including being able to download n64, snes and nes games in case you didn;t know :D

Posted

ok srry i dont order nintendo power or anything so i wont know!!!

Posted

well it's kinda been flying about all over the place the fact you can, I got my info from various sites on the internet..

just so you know ign is always a good source for news

well it's kinda been flying about all over the place the fact you can, I got my info from various sites on the internet..

just so you know ign is always a good source for news, although any new important stuff will be posted on here.

Posted

ok thanks!

Posted

i was also wondering if its true that if you have an nes game that you can put down the bar code and it will be downloaded.i cant rember wether or not i made that up or heard it from somewerelse. <_< .also my brother could have made it up

Posted

You can download NES, SNES and N64 games anyway, although for a small fee, I think its unlikely that you'll be able to get them for free (despite possibily owning it) because barcodes would circle the internet and tons of people would be able to get it free.

Posted

<_< I hope it's for free. <_<

Posted

it's not going to be for free is it? because then although there would be a very big bonus to get a wii nintnedo would lose los of money from having the servers and letting people download from it, instead by charging a small amount they pay for the downloads and continue to generate money for a game that is no longer being made (also if they were free, no 3rd parties would put their games on the virtual console because there would be nothing in it for them)

Posted

How much will it cost to download? I know it's a small fee, but just around estimation.

Posted

it's not going to be for free is it? because then although there would be a very big bonus to get a wii nintnedo would lose los of money from having the servers and letting people download from it, instead by charging a small amount they pay for the downloads and continue to generate money for a game that is no longer being made (also if they were free, no 3rd parties would put their games on the virtual console because there would be nothing in it for them)

I know, I said I hope. Because I do. And don't hide it, I'll bet you do too. :D ****voice inside head: Betting has no place among us!**** I KNOW!!! Will you please stop doing that? I wasn't really betting!

Posted

i hope u can download donkey kong 64... i lost that 64 game years ago and i never got to find the last banana lol

Posted

I figured that out a long time ago and I have never even gotten a Nintendo Power issue!