Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Princess Easter Eggs

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Way back on April 1st, I posted a topic asking the members of Hyrule.net to share some of the Easter Eggs, Oddities, and Mysteries that they've found.

Well, its been quite some time, and I think we have enough now for an article.

Follow the jump for our list.

------

1. You can see your reflection on the backside of the Mirror of Twilight.

2. While on Iza's Rapid Ride, if you look up accordingly to your map when under the Bridge of Eldin, you'll see it far you. This is a beautiful detail, and makes up for not being able to see the river from the bridge.

3. If you do the Spin Attack while riding down Snow Peak, Link will jump into the air and do a 360.

4. There is a mirror in Link's basement which also shows his reflection.

5. A Bullet Bill can be found on Fyer's shirt.

6. You can run through Castle Town as a wolf causing chaos. When the gaurds gather around you, a spin attack will send them running away, dropping arrows and rupees.

7. The Eye of Truth is on the back of Midna's Helmet.

8. If you look in a mirror as a wolf, Midna's reflection doesn't appear.

9. The Master Sword Pedestal has a disappointing inscription on the base.

It states. . .

Master Sword

M A S T E R S W O R D

10. The Eye of Truth is on the Howling Stones. Does this mean that they are possibly a form of Gossip Stones?

11. The walls in the Temple of Time have some inscriptions that read:

Copy Rod

12. If you press A right after killing a somewhat strong enemy, Link will do this awesome sword-twirling thing before sheathing it.

13. There's a watch tower in Castle Town. A Goron is there, and if you talk to him he'll say: It's a secret to everybody.

14. The Serenade of Water plays in the cutscenes with Rutela.

15. The Eye of Truth is found on Fanadi's (The fortune teller) forehead.

16. Telma seems to resemble a Gerudo.

17. The symbols of the six Sages from OoT can be seen in the Mirror Chamber.

18. There's Ancient Hylian scattered around Hyrule as well as the modern TP Hylian. Examples are found on the Iron Knuckles and on the Twilight Mirror.

19. Ganondorf kills the Water Sage in the cut-scene after Arbiter Grounds.

20. In Rusl's house as wolf first time you can see Midna's shadow when standing next to the fire.

21. Koume and Kotake's headbands in OoT say Koume and Kotake in NEW Hylian (TP).

22. In the beginning of A Link to the Past there is an image of the Seven Sages and they look a lot like the sages in TP. Also, one sage is kneeling in the image.

This could be the sage Ganondorf killed. The Water Sage.

23. You can hurt Fyer's music box, but nothing happens.

24. You can hurt the torches near where Ilia is in Kakariko Village, but again, nothing happens.

25. If you hit Cuccos enough, you can possess them. . .

26. In the last fight with Ganondorf, by doing the Backslash attack you can rip up his cape. The rips actually stay in his cape too!!

27. In the end when you see the Bulbins riding off into the sunset with their king, one in the back is falling off his seat. . .

28. In the room where you fight Darbus in the Goron Mines, there are painting of Volvagia on the walls. This is most obvious on the painting closest to the door. . .

29. Links an artist!!!

I was snooping around his house looking for something interesting when I found a bunch of pencils and a picture of a goat. They're next to one of his shirts. . .

30. Renado's daughter has the Sheikah symbol on the back of her dress.

31. When you get the slingshot, if you shoot it at the children, all the children duck except Malo, who gets shot in the face, and his head flies back.

32. If you look at the canoe in the fishing hut, the girl tells you it is for her and her boyfriend. However, it's the same one she takes you fishing in.

33. If you pour water on a small pumpkin, (After you smash the original) it grows into a full pumpkin immediately.

34. Ganondorf can be distracted in the final fight by using the Fishing Rod.

35. Right after finding the Ordon shop keepers cat, the cat is on the roof of the shop and you can scare her off.

36. If you come out of water you are darker and dripping slightly and making footprints like your wet but after 10 seconds your back to normal.

37. The first time you go into Malo mart the store keeper actually says thank you in English.

38. If you bottle the soup that Coro (The lantern Guy) is cooking, you'll get Coro's Nasty Soup, which is black and either takes away 1 heart, or gives you 1 heart.

39. There's a picture of a farmer guy in every house of the Hidden Village. The mayor?

40. ooccoo was the color code of Link's clothes from the original LoZ!

41. As a wolf, if you go to the house in Kakariko Village that was destroyed, you can pick up tiny pieces of the debris.

42. The signs break almost perfectly accordingly to how you hit them. And the pieces, depending on how big they are, will be held by Link different ways.

43. Colin states "When I grow up, if I have a son, I'm gonna make sure he turns into a guy who can do anything... just like you, Link!" after you've beaten the game.

Could he be the father of a future Link?

44. Stallord has spears embedded into his skull.

45. By crushing the second stage of Armoghoma using the Dominion Rod, when its a little eyeball running around, you get a short sequence of the boss being completely flattened. (Hidden cutscene.)

46. The sword Zant uses to bring Stallord to life has the Eye of Truth on its hilt.

47. You can use the latern to clear the poisonous fog just like the monkey. That makes things quicker. . .

48. The first song the Hero's Shade teaches you is the Song of Healing. I'm pretty sure this was for a reason. The Hero's Shade wanted to be healed, so he in a way used Link to help him die in peace.

49. By having a yellow and blue Chu combine, you get a green Chu, which can be killed for Green Chu Jelly. Unfortunately this only works in the Wii Version.

50. In the cave with the Cannon before the city in the sky, there's drawings on the walls that look like Oocca.

51. The Magic Meter is seen in several screenshots on the back of TP's case.

52. There's Telma, and her cat is Louise. A reference to a 1991 comedy.

53. If you look closely, Stallord's eyes are PINK, not red.

54. Fanadi is most likely a Sheikah link, since, you know, apparently they have skills in designing objects that reveal the truth, (Plus she has the symbol on her head, but you knew that.), and Ashei is likely a link to Kafei, hence the name suffixes.

55. By running up from behind Epona, than mounting, you'll get a quick speed boost.

56. By holding down the target button, than dismounting Epona, Link will do a backflip off.

57. If you hold R while riding Epona, Link will duck down and by invincible to enemy attacks, though he also won't be able to speed up. (only on GameCube.)

58. There is a bottomless pit of water in the area where you defeated Diababa.

59. By holding B while running, Link will hold his sword to the side and run slightly faster. By letting go of the button, Link will quickly slash. (only on Gamecube.)

60. If you slash right before rolling, you'll preform an attack from The Minish Cap. The game never tells you about this ability.

61. Right after defeating an enemy, if you can quickly sheath your sword just on time, Link will spin it like he does when he defeats a boss.

62. When fighting a giant boss who Link latches onto at some point (Morpheel, Argorok) in the final sequence of attacks Link can preform an alternate and very cool Finishing Blow. While holding on with one hand, Link will flip his sword with the other, then hold it upside down with both hands and plunge it into the monster's weak point. This can be done by simply pressing "A" instead of going through with normal attacks. Very cool.

63. If you get a new item and one of your equip buttons is empty, it will automatically be assigned to that button.

64. If you use Wolf Link's bite attack on a ReDead, he will latch onto the ReDead's back and bite into its head. These seems like a reference to how they'd attack Link in MM, OoT, and TWW, except in reverse. Hurts, doesn't it ReDead?!?!

65. If you go to the wall of twilight before you even get the shield or sword, Midna will give you a long, sarcastic lecture, and actually say in English: "GO BACK!"

66. When riding on Epona, take out your bow and arrow, and then aim, but before you fire, hold down Z and you can control Epona's direction with the analog stick. This means that you can't survey, but you can control Epona and Link will change directions. This makes it so that you can steer and use your bow at the same time.

67. Bombs can burn webs.

68. A picture of the fisherman from OoT can be found hanging in Hena's fishing hut.

Special Thanks to: Keaton, Ganondorf333, eyeoftruth, HylianForrunner, Relean, LoZFan1989, The Great Cheese, Hylian Twili, Crusnik, Rabid MCR Fanatic, Sahaqiel, swordplaymaster, Link_the_Archer, and Arcanelord for contributing to the list.

Join Hyrule.net's Forums if your not already a member!!

Posted

Wow, thats a lot. Did your fingers and hands get tired after you typed all those? And some of those I already knew, but most I didn't know. Nice idea for a topic man!

Posted

Number 19 is a spoiler and number 21 is innacurate. The headbands are not in The Hylian Alphabet. It's using NEW NEW Hylian. The Hylian used in Wind Waker. Also, I'm pretty sure the Hex code for Link's green tunic from the LoZ game was 00CC00, not ooccoo. Did you get the Eye of Truth symbols from my thread?
Sahaqiel

Posted

that's a pretty complete list, I'm sure there must be plenty more though.

Oooo, the night sky on Twilight Princess is pretty complete, you can pick out plenty of constellations such as Orion and the great bear, I'm sure if someone was bored enough you could figure out the position/time of year of hyrule...

Posted

That's a nice list, and great idea for posting it on the front page (Because of, you know, the drought. :unsure: )! Question: did you have the idea for this front page post before or after you made that topic in Rumors, Glitches, and Tricks?
[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='71624' date='Sep 8 2007, 06:33 PM']Also, I'm pretty sure the Hex code for Link's green tunic from the LoZ game was 00CC00, not ooccoo.[/quote]
Well duh. :unsure: Aren't we a little perfectionist . . ? (Yes, I contributed that one. :embarrassed: )

Posted

Just lettin' ya' know, methinks the Dominion Rod in Germany and other locations is called the "Copy Rod" in those versions.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='71624' date='Sep 8 2007, 02:33 PM']Number 19 is a spoiler and number 21 is innacurate. The headbands are not in The Hylian Alphabet. It's using NEW NEW Hylian. The Hylian used in Wind Waker. Also, I'm pretty sure the Hex code for Link's green tunic from the LoZ game was 00CC00, not ooccoo. Did you get the Eye of Truth symbols from my thread?
Sahaqiel[/quote]

I didn't know 21. was inaccurate. I was too lazy to check. And Hylian Forrunner posted the Eye of Truth thing long before your thread.

And G333, I just thought of the idea when thinking of things to post front page.

Posted

Here's another one:
52. There's Telma, and her cat is Louise.
Telma and Louise.

If you don't know what that is, I pity you.:P

Posted

Nice topic GM=)

Posted

Unfortunately, someone on DeviantART noticed this, But I was too late to post it

53) If you look closely, Stallord's eyes are PINK, not red.

Posted

Here's one for Sheikah enthusiasts.
Both Fanadi and Ashei have red eyes, methinks... Fanadi is most likely a Sheikah link, since, you know, apparently they have skills in designing objects that reveal the truth, (Plus she has the symbol on her head, but you knew that.), and Ashei is likely a link to Kafei, hence the name suffixes.
Say, are you going to update this thing?
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='71624' date='Sep 8 2007, 06:33 PM']Number 19 is a spoiler[/quote]
True. I don't think that you are supposed to put spoilers in an Easter Eggs and tricks list, Merchant... :embarrassed:

Posted

It isn't really a spoiler. Most people don't know that it was the Water Sage that he killed. The only way to tell is the medallion on his robe.

And yes, I will update it.

Posted

Wow, I knew a few, but not all of them.
Good job =]

Posted

wow thats alot :joy: but they're cool oh and if noone noticed (witch imsure you have)
if you use the spin attack on an arrow when it's shot at you it slows down and then flys away :D