Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Banner Competition!

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Personally, I'd think it would be pretty sweet just to have your own banner at the top of the page, I'm not sure how this could be considered a scam in any way, if you don't want to forum title change (which for anyone with over 1000 posts is useless) you can just go for the 1000 rupees....

Something that might be useful, could we get the logo as a transparent gif or something?

Posted

[attachment=1093:Maybe_new_banner.JPG]OK I've made one but I isn't as good as it should be (I have only paint for thing like this).

Maybe someone can make it better with a better program.

Posted

Okay, What HT was saying is that here in England, we [i]all[/i] call 'Fall' Autumn. Secondly, uh, even though I have Photoshop, I suck at making banners. I'll keep checking back to see you guys' banners and stuff though.

Posted

um, okay, i can give it a shot, but i'd like some info first...

1: is the theme just dealing with LOZ/Autumn? or are there specific guidelines?

2: do i have to draw it myself? i suck at drawing :cry: could i use premade renders and thigns and colaberate them together in a creative way?

3: how big? like, how many pixals by how many pixals?

4: Anythig nelse i should know? anythign that would make he difference between a good and bad entry?

Posted

For those who have photoshop you can download the zip file for a OLD Version of the Banner this is helpful as it has hyrule.net text and the red bar at the bottom

[url="http://www.hyrule.net/content/images/winter_contest.zip"]CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ZIP FILE[/url]

Posted

does getting a program like photoshop cost money?

Posted

[quote name='starfox64x' post='74854' date='Sep 28 2007, 05:39 AM']um, okay, i can give it a shot, but i'd like some info first...

2: do i have to draw it myself? i suck at drawing :cry: could i use premade renders and thigns and colaberate them together in a creative way?

4: Anythig nelse i should know? anythign that would make he difference between a good and bad entry?[/quote]
Maybe you can make it cleaner cause the cutting isn't verry good and If you are able to please put the real hyrule.net text on it.
This pic was just an example.

Posted

[quote name='starfox64x' post='74854' date='Sep 28 2007, 05:39 AM']um, okay, i can give it a shot, but i'd like some info first...

4: Anythig nelse i should know? anythign that would make he difference between a good and bad entry?[/quote]
Maybe you can make it cleaner cause the cutting isn't verry good and If you are able to please put the real hyrule.net text on it.
This pic was just an example.
Sorry for doubleposting but this flooding control saved my post and I thought it wasn't posted so I posted it again.

Posted

well no one is submitting banners :( :(

so I gave it a whack.... I have a the psd file included... but do not to steal my work without my permission >.<

Posted

[quote name='Tappy' post='75989' date='Oct 5 2007, 07:41 PM']well no one is submitting banners :( :(

so I gave it a whack.... I have a the psd file included... but do not to steal my work without my permission >.<[/quote]
Looks good, I'd just make the text a bit more interesting, perhaps an outer glow?