Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homebrew Zelda on the DS?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Wohisar' post='7795' date='Aug 10 2006, 08:56 PM']yes... but HOW did they make a nintendo DS game......... is this one of nintendos staff or just a guy that likes zelda.......[/quote]

They would have coded the game in programming language (C++ maybe, I'm not sure), compiled it for the DS and used either a pass me chip or one of those wifi hacks to run it on the DS.

Posted

story staying secret for the time being thank you very much....
im using flash and actionscript to make it, enough jives about the program im using ok? i like it..
I've been working on it on and off for just over a month now i think

there's a topic on it in open floor

w00t 1000th post!

o it's it's just general homebrew hacking, its possible so long as you program it right then are able to transfer it...

Posted

[quote name='gingerlink' post='7831' date='Aug 10 2006, 01:48 PM']story staying secret for the time being thank you very much....
im using flash and actionscript to make it, enough jives about the program im using ok? i like it..
I've been working on it on and off for just over a month now i think

there's a topic on it in open floor

w00t 1000th post!

o it's it's just general homebrew hacking, its possible so long as you program it right then are able to transfer it...[/quote]

1: when do u think you be clear
2: whats homebrew?

Posted

i would like to play it it looks fun
i wonder if it is legal that fans make games
i think the lenguage was in spanish

Posted

its perfectly legal for fans to make games using a companies characters AS LONG AS they don't make any money from it...

so if i wanted to get my game on the virtual console, then i'd either need to get some form of rights from nintendo are change the game characters to be non-zelda related...now we don't want that do we?

homebrew is something basically made without using regular devloper tools and without an official dev kit

Posted

[quote name='gingerlink' post='8196' date='Aug 11 2006, 09:48 AM']its perfectly legal for fans to make games using a companies characters AS LONG AS they don't make any money from it...

so if i wanted to get my game on the virtual console, then i'd either need to get some form of rights from nintendo are change the game characters to be non-zelda related...now we don't want that do we?

homebrew is something basically made without using regular devloper tools and without an official dev kit[/quote]

1: how do I make a game that I can put on a ds (like they did)
2: virtual console is the Wii thing, that makes u abel to play nes snes and 64 games, right?
3: I can help u with html if u want to... tell me everything u know...
4: I would like to play your game onj virtual console... so make it that way.... I

Posted

It's quite an impressive fan game. And to be done in only one month, it's really impressive too. But when are we able to play this gama on our DS. This game could be played with a Linker? (like M3 or G6 lite)

Posted

SWEETNESS! I'D BEEN WAITING FOR A 16-BIT TEENAGE LINK TO ARIVE ON A GAME! (Note: I call him "Teenage Link" 'cuz he really doesn't look like an adult, now does he?) Here are some Questions:

1) Does he stay Teenage/Adult Link throughout the whole game?

2) Is Ganon in the game?

3) What's the Title?

4) Why can't he just use the Ocarina to get to places?

5) How can Zelda POSSIBLY talk to Link?

6) What's up with the Lttp Link Sprite at the title screen?

7) Why does Link look like he's in space at the beggining of the clip?

That's pretty much all I have to say....

Posted

WOW!!! That looks AWSOME!!

Posted

i really don't think it looks that good to be honest...and before anybody says you do better, belevie me, im already trying...

Posted

[quote name='Wassupman' post='8614' date='Aug 13 2006, 02:03 PM']SWEETNESS! I'D BEEN WAITING FOR A 16-BIT TEENAGE LINK TO ARIVE ON A GAME! (Note: I call him "Teenage Link" 'cuz he really doesn't look like an adult, now does he?) Here are some Questions:

1) Does he stay Teenage/Adult Link throughout the whole game?

2) Is Ganon in the game?

3) What's the Title?

4) Why can't he just use the Ocarina to get to places?

5) How can Zelda POSSIBLY talk to Link?

6) What's up with the Lttp Link Sprite at the title screen?

7) Why does Link look like he's in space at the beggining of the clip?

That's pretty much all I have to say....[/quote]
1)nobody knows except those who made it and their buddies.
2)see 1
3)see 1 and 2
4)because that wouldn't be as fun, now would it?
5)as some of us learned in LttP, Zelda can telepathically communicate with Link.
6)see 1, 2, and 3
7)see 1, 2, 3, and 6

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' date='Aug 19 2006, 01:11 AM' post='9427']
1)nobody knows except those who made it and their buddies.
2)see 1
3)see 1 and 2
4)because that wouldn't be as fun, now would it?
5)as some of us learned in LttP, Zelda can telepathically communicate with Link.
6)see 1, 2, and 3
7)see 1, 2, 3, and 6

Well that didn't give much answers, but, heck, I'm guessing you know as much about it as I do. And you don't have to say "See 1, See 1 and 2, See 1, 2 and 3, See 1, 2, 3 and 6" you can just say "See 1" and anyone know how to make those quotes beneeth every quote I make e.g. Ganondorf333's one? The one about that froo-froo thing? Anyone?

Posted

[b]My Controls[/b] -> [b]Edit Signiture[/b]. And it's more fun to say "See 1, 2, 3, and 6." Much more fun. :D

Posted

<br />

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAVmQ5rk0YE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAVmQ5rk0YE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Posted

Aww. It's broked.