Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

injuries

42 posts in this topic

Posted

well mine was when i got in a bike reck. i broke my finger,got a huge gash in my forehead ,and i blacked out for almost an hour on the way to the hospital. i still have a scar on my forehead above my left eyebrow of where the gash was,and my finger(the one i broke) is crooked now.

so whats your worst injury?

Posted

i still have a scar on my forehead above my left eyebrow of where the gash was,and my finger(the one i broke) is crooked now.

Is it a lightning bolt scar?! :o

Worst I've done is play basketball then tripped and scrapped the whole top layer of my skin on my knee... I can't feel anything like when you poke it because the nerves are gone.

second is when I broke my toes and I my parents had told me that I just sprained my anckle so I had walked all week with broken toes until I went to the doctor to get it checked out.

Posted

Is it a lightning bolt scar?! :o

second is when I broke my toes and I my parents had told me that I just sprained my anckle so I had walked all week with broken toes until I went to the doctor to get it checked out.

lol no :biggrin: it's sota just an ark.

i almost broke my toe too :ohmygod: ! i was running from my aunt and my left two toes caught the doorway and i flew like 10 feet :wacko: ! i couldn't walk for almost an hour and then i had to use my walking stick to support myself. never did go to the doctor to se if they were broken though >_>

Posted

I remember I was learning how to skateboard, and I was finnaly going, but...I couldn't stop...so long story short I hit a fence, flipped over it, landed on my back, got the wind knocked out of me and blacked out. I woke up in my bed, everything hurt.

Posted

I was once riding my bike with my dog running along side in my neighborhood. Well, another dog saw mine and charged after her, and right in front of me. I had an old crappy bike with no brakes, so I ran straight it the god and flew over the handlebars. I got huge rashes across my elbow and my knee. The dog's owner ran out of her house and started yelling at me about how I shouldn't go so fast and how I should keep my dog on a leash (Hmm, doesn't seem like hers was.) Anyway, her dog was perfectly fine, and by the time she got done yelling at me, the blood from my knee had reached my ankle. Ow.

I've also broken a toe. It was when I was playing soccer with my sister in our backward. Lets just put it like this, she had cleats and I was barefoot. I never went to the doctor, it was my big toe, which didn't seem like a cast would make and since. The toe corrected and healed itself within a few painful months.

Posted

Well, I was riding my bike for the first time, and I started going and I was like "Hey look at me!". I was doing good too, untill I was so proud of myself I didn't see that my neighbor left his gate open, and I crashed, flipped over my handlebars, and hit my head on a tree.

Moral: Pride cometh before the fall.

p.s. my worst injury I've given somebody was breaking my friend's arm.

Posted

My worst...hmm...probably this:

I was riding my bike with my two other friends riding to school. I had my clarinet case on my handlebars and my backpack was REALLY heavy. So, I guess I had too much weight on my bike. So then, my friend comes up along side me, saying something. I didnt hear her so I turned to her to talk. The minute I did, too much weight when on the right side of my bike (the part where my backpack and clarinet were leaning. I keeled over on the sidewalk, my bike toppling over with me and something from my bike scratched one of my legs. I felt a bit dazed for a second, then, my friend who was talkin to me, didnt see my fall over and tried to stop hrself, but she ran over me with her bike: She flew ahead, and her bike landed on my, giving me a nasty big ol' gash on my knee. Having two bikes on top of you and nasty cuts on your legs isnt fun. Dang pavement. :unsure:

I also couldn't get up on account of that my backpack was too heavy, and my knee hurt too much. My friend thought I was knocked unconsious lol. :embarrassed: Thankfully, a teacher was nearby with a first aid kit.

My knee hurt for a month. -_-

And to other peoples' posted injuries: OW, I hurt just thinkin of those lol!

Posted

Following on the bike theme, my worst injury occurred at the beginning of September. I got run over by one in Amsterdam. I skidded along the road and scraped my elbow, hip, thigh and knee. I was with about ten others so had to pretend it didn't hurt, but I was in immense amounts of pain. If you ever go there be careful; bikes own the road.

Doesn't sound too bad, but I had to work for the next 4 days carrying equipment round with an aching, bloody bruised knee and a scab that stuck to the top of my jeans. Ick.

Posted

my worst might be when i broke my collar bone or when i got burned all over with boiling water. i think the latter but i remember the collar bone break more clearly so it seams as though that one hurt the wurst.

Posted

Ive jarred my fingers hundreds of times and gotten many sprains or fractures in various places but never broken anything. I'm lucky I guess.

Posted

i jammed my ring finger so bad i couldn't bend it for 3 days! stupid teather ball :unsure:

Posted

All through elementary school, my face was like a ball magnet. I got hit in the face with one like, 50 times a year. :( I quickly became friends with the nurse. :embarrassed:

Posted

I've had several head injuries (lots of blood), broke my arm once...

One of the worst was when I was trying to skateboard on a very irregular surface. I jumped into it and fell down ridiculously, almost breaking my knee. I couldn't walk very well for weeks. Then I got hit in the same knee during a soccer match. It hurt like hell.

Posted

When I was six I snapped my arm completely in half. Trampoline accident. :unsure:

Posted

One day I was riding my brother's bike and I was going too fast, and there was a speed bump in the road (this was back in a friends trailer park) and it seems that my brothers bike didn't have back brakes... so I tried slowing, down not knowing that all I had was front breaks, and I practally launched myself over the handle bars, turning to the side, and smashing my shoulder, in turn breaking my collar bone... oh man did that hurt... so much...