Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is it okay that the United States tortures suspects?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

USA makes me sick... I'm actually against jail too, most criminals that go to jail do more crimes when they're done serving time. The stuff the us army does at cuba is just horrible. The victims suffer from major physical damage, and a lot of them are innocent.

Posted

Depends on what the suspects are convicted for. If its murder, hell yes, they killed someone, they deserve to be tortured and die as ruthlessy as they have killed.

notice the "suspects" part, that means that they don't know whether they've done it or not. If there's a high possibility of someone being innocent, then it's just harsh to torture them, only in cases where it's already very likely that they're the perpetrator of the act should they be tortured to get the truth, but even then it seems a bit much.

Eyeoftruth, if you're against jail, what would you propose? Rehab would be a nice idea, but there doesn't seem to be enough facilities for that.

Posted

Is it okay that the United States tortures suspects? Vote and discuss! Is torture okay? Is it ever justifiable?

ROFL... i just handed in an assignment for history on this topic today >.<