Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Halloween Banner

14 posts in this topic

Posted

is a chopped off version of a background from http://zreomusic.com/art ?

its one of their cd covers and they have wallpapers there.

-AND-

NOWHERE on this site do I see any credit to them.

Posted

Interesting....

Posted

Hmmm...TAPPY! I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU!

Posted

well for one you are correct it is from zreomusic and

2. that's like saying any image you take from google images you MUST give credit which I don't see anyone doing most of the time...

3. it probably wouldn't of happened if only people would actually make one for halloween to enter the banner contest all images had = fail because they were done in MS Paint no offense to anyone but if you were the only one making a banner and you still had a summer banner up there in october then what do you expect.

4. It's temporary not permanent lol... people think that the world is going to die if you take something from a website...

5. ZREOMUSIC's website is NOT EVEN stated copyrighted. There is NO Legal information page.

6. The ZREOMUSIC logo on the wall paper is simply a resemblance of where it's from... anyone can change it... it's not copyrighted... I don't need to give credit...

here I will give an example...

Zelda_Majora_Mask_Limited_Edition_Adventure_Set.jpg

there... posted a picture without permission... what are they going to do about it... NOTHING... People do this everyday take rendering for an example the take a picture probably from a copyrighted website and erase everything else except what they are focusing on rendering... owners of the image don't cry about... people take the images from the games and don't give credit most of the time.

I think that zreo music is an awesome project. If you listen to the hyrule.net radio you will listen to it. It's also a fact that zreomusic hasn't even gotten permission from nintendo to redo the songs... the songs are copyrighted... but they haven't done anything... It's ok if you use it just as long as you don't go around selling another's work.

Posted

Yes, its not a copyright infringement unless you are copying and then selling.

It may not be polite to copy an image from another site and not give credit to them, but in these circumstances its not illegal.

If you have a problem with it, feel free to create a new banner for the site. (preferably winter or xmas themed)

If it is good, let dustin know and it may become the new banner.

Posted

Yes, we were desperate. :cry:

We'd had the summer banner for over 4 months.

Posted

I don't see why this is a big fuss. It's not illegal. And yes, a new banner is needed soon. (I'm going to make a wainter one. I can't think of anything for fall. xD)

Posted

i could try to make one!!!!! :joy:

'll start tomorrow!!! YAYZ!!! and yea it's no big deal :P

Posted

well for one you are correct it is from zreomusic and

2. that's like saying any image you take from google images you MUST give credit which I don't see anyone doing most of the time...

3. it probably wouldn't of happened if only people would actually make one for halloween to enter the banner contest all images had = fail because they were done in MS Paint no offense to anyone but if you were the only one making a banner and you still had a summer banner up there in october then what do you expect.

4. It's temporary not permanent lol... people think that the world is going to die if you take something from a website...

5. ZREOMUSIC's website is NOT EVEN stated copyrighted. There is NO Legal information page.

6. The ZREOMUSIC logo on the wall paper is simply a resemblance of where it's from... anyone can change it... it's not copyrighted... I don't need to give credit...

here I will give an example...

Zelda_Majora_Mask_Limited_Edition_Adventure_Set.jpg

there... posted a picture without permission... what are they going to do about it... NOTHING... People do this everyday take rendering for an example the take a picture probably from a copyrighted website and erase everything else except what they are focusing on rendering... owners of the image don't cry about... people take the images from the games and don't give credit most of the time.

I think that zreo music is an awesome project. If you listen to the hyrule.net radio you will listen to it. It's also a fact that zreomusic hasn't even gotten permission from nintendo to redo the songs... the songs are copyrighted... but they haven't done anything...

Exactly, copyright law has no bearing on things posted on the internet (except music) images are free reign. You don't see Nintendo going after ZREO for ripping off their intellectual property. Give a guy a break!

Posted

hey, i was just pointig it out, but would it have hurt to size down the logo or something?

Posted

I don't see why this is a big fuss. It's not illegal. And yes, a new banner is needed soon. (I'm going to make a wainter one. I can't think of anything for fall. xD)

you mean winter??? wtf is wainter??? lol, yeah, we need a new contest or something. . . for a new banner, i mean, it'll take a while for everything to come in, so by the time it's over, we'll have it right on time! :n_n:

Posted

I don't see the logo. Not on the banner anyways.

--Edit--

Sorry :embarrassed: Wasn't paying aattention to the dates. :embarrassed: *Tries to slip away un-noticed*

Posted

2 days isn't that bad... the logo is towards the bottom of the original...

Posted

halloween's over change it back.

P.S. I havent been on in a wile sorry for misspelings. :taco: s rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!