Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Youkai Vessel

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Alrighty then.I finally picked up a pencil and wrote the prologue to Youkai Vessel.Here it is:

PROLOGUE

My life's been complete crap since the demons manifested themselves inside me.My name is Lee Kent.I have 78 demons inside my body.As a result,I've been 13 ever since the 1920's.My life has been taken away from me.I could never love anyone,nor could I ever attend school.I wonder every day why they picked men,and I want them gone.I've decided to come out of hiding and try to go to school like everyone else.I only prey that no one figures me out.

Lee just sank into his seat in the bus.This could be a risk.He arranged fro a fake birth certificate,which stated he had been born on September 1,1994.He still used his real name,but it was sort of a fake ID.He needed to meet some people.People who he could call friends.He had to find someone.At least one person.The bus finally pulled up to the school and let everyone out.He stepped off and looked at his brown satchel bag.All he had was a black three-ring binder with 150 sheets of notebook paper in it."Not much,"he thought to himself.He sighed and walked through the doors.

Lee stepped into Mrs.Krail's Social Studies.He was approached by a woman who he guessed was Mrs.Krail."Hello,you must be Lee Kent,"she assumed."Yes,Ma'am,"Lee replied."We have a new student,"Mrs.Crail announced."His name is Lee Kent.Lee,go sit in that desk>"She pointed to a desk,and Lee headed over there and sat down.He surveyed the area around him.Plenty of kids his age,most of them were wearing polo shirts,camo jackets,blue jeans,or clothing with their favorite football team on it.He labeled them as the "normal" folks.There was,however,one person who seemed to be entirely different.She was wearing a black long-sleeve shirt,blue jeans,converses,and brown hair that had sort of a reddish tint to it.Her hair went down to her shoulders,and it was parted at the top of her head,and,as a result,showed her forehead.All this made Lee wonder where he stood.He had sort of greenish-brownish eyes,curly dark brown hair,wore an army jacket buttoned up,a black t-shirt,brown jeans,and black shoes.He would probably be a bit..."Different.""Alright,"Mrs.Krail announced."I am about to assign you a project that will be due two weeks from now.You are to make a model of an ancient Japanese farming settlement.I will now assign you partners."She kept calling out names,and finally struck his name."Lee Kent,you will work with Anna Watson."Lee looked around and saw that girl looking dead at him.She must be Anna."Lee Kent,"Anna thought to herself."He seems...Different from the others.""Well,"Lee thought,"this is great.I'm paired up with the only one in here who seems to be anything like me."

Anna slept in her bed.She's paired up with that new kid...It's strange.He seems different.She even saw a strange mark on his left hand.The symbol looked awesome,but it's still strange.Anna woke up.She fell out of her window,but didn't land.Her legs were then swept in the air,and wind raced past her.Before she could see how she was doing this,she was suddenly flung into the air.She looked and saw it.A black figure with red,glowing eyes."I'm dreaming," she thought to herself."I have to be."Then she landed.Hard.She could barely move,and she could see the figure walking toward her.The figure reaches for her,but suddenly a fist went straight through demon's skull.Anna looked and saw who it was:a boy with dark-brown hair,an army jacket,brown jeans,and a sword strapped to his back.He was down on one knee.It was...Lee??But how?Lee pulled his fist out and wiped it off on his jeans."puppying demons,"Lee remarked."Anna,I need to help you.You're going to die if I don't.Now,this is going to hurt worse than anything you'll ever feel,but you'll feel great right after this.I swear to God you will."She nodded.Lee drew his katana.It was a beautiful blade.The hilt was green,and had 78 at the bottom of it in Kanji.On the hand-guard there was also a 78 written in English.The hilt also had 4 black circles in it,which got smaller as they went down the hilt.THe blade shined even in the darkness of night,and had 3 holes in it taht ran up it halfway.Lee put the katana in his right hand,and put out his left hand.He cut a line straight across the mark on his hand,sheathed his katana,and put his left hand up to Anna's forehead.He closed his eyes,inhaled,and exhaled.Some kind of black essence began emitting from his left hand.Everything hurt.It felt like they were in Hell.It had hurt worse than anything either of them had ever felt before.Lee was grunting,and Anna was trying not to scream.Finally,they couldn't take it anymore.Lee fell to the ground,his hand still on Anna,and they both howled in pain.Finally,it stopped.Anna jumped to her feet.Lee got up slowly."What the hell was that?"Anna asked."I'll explain it to you tomorrow,"Lee replied."Get some rest.You'll need it."He began to walk away,but stopped.Without turning around,he said "By the way Anna,you'll be feeling a bit...Energetic tomorrow.Just try to contain it.I really don't need you killing everyone."

I finally posted it.I put alot of thought into this,but I don't really think it turned out as well as I had hoped.I guess that just happens when writing,it's still awesome.Thanks to everyone for reading and waiting patiently for this,and thanks Anna for helping me.

[hope she can get around to uploading some of the drawings]

Posted

NICE and as I said before it is beter than mine it's the prologe and It's already longer than my story. Whitch I might stop making chapters for it not sure.

Posted

That was awesome!!!! :D

Posted

NICE and as I said before it is beter than mine it's the prologe and It's already longer than my story. Whitch I might stop making chapters for it not sure.

Thanks.The prologue is three pages long.I haven't written much into chapter 1,about half a page,but I'll get to it eventually.I'm no sure I'll be done writing it by the end of this week,though.We've got a ton of choir things coming up,including a concert tomorrow night and the Ole Miss festival this Saturday,I have to fix this hole I punched in my wall,and to top that all off Anna's going to be gone all week starting Tuesday,so I won't have any help there.I've got my hands full.

That was awesome!!!! biggrin.gif

Thanks.

You'll notice that this has it's similarities to Bleach.You'll notice some more later...

Posted

too bad this is in the wrong forum... I'm too lazy to move it right now though :(

Posted

too bad this is in the wrong forum... I'm too lazy to move it right now though :(

Sorry lol.I just had to post it right away.I couldn't wait.

Posted

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was puppyi** AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was so cool i seriously had chills!! :lol: whenever i read see or anythng else like that thats so awesome i get chills!!!!! OMFG!!! HUZZAG!!! :gotsword: and the best part is,both of our story's are about demons!! DEMONS RULE!!! even if they're trapped inside a human body!! i cant wait for the first chapter!!!! YAYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was puppyi** AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was so cool i seriously had chills!! :lol: whenever i read see or anythng else like that thats so awesome i get chills!!!!! OMFG!!! HUZZAG!!! :gotsword: and the best part is,both of our story's are about demons!! DEMONS RULE!!! even if they're trapped inside a human body!! i cant wait for the first chapter!!!! YAYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks lol.I really can't wait to get done with it.This whole writing it out thing consumes more time than typing,though.Typing has more risks,in my opinion,though.My dad's computer was wiped clean from a software problem or whatever happened.I don't want that to happen when all of my Youkai Vessel is stored on this computer.There are also risks to writing it,though.Your cat could piss on it,like mine did to Twilight Outcast[everybody's a critic :unsure: ...]IN CONCLUSION.It gets real old having to find the time to type it all out when some people just have it there to copy and paste...but I'll live.I don't need that kind of risk.

Posted

I'd suggest spacing out the paragraphs... and space between sentences for that matter. The text bunched up together like that made it hard to read.

Posted

I'd suggest spacing out the paragraphs... and space between sentences for that matter. The text bunched up together like that made it hard to read.

Thanks.I was actually going to do that,that's how I wrote it,really,but I just forgot to :embarrassed: .

Posted

Ok...Since im back[sorta...]I'll just bring this topic back to life.I haven't been able tow work on it,the most I've done into chapter 1 is about 2 pages and 1/2.

Posted

I loved it! Hope you get chapter 1 done soon! :D

Posted

I think I might cancel this to flesh the idea out some more...Not sure,though...I need to talk to Anna about this...

Posted

well talk soon.....im stuck in chapter four,i can't figure out the right way to put the next half of the chapter,im not good with meeting new people in storys or LARPs :unsure:

Posted

Cool, i really liked it