Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Japan always gets the best stuff

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Yet again, Japan's club Nintendo, a site which gives free gifts away to people who rack up points buy buying Nintendo stuff (like stars on the NoE site, but not pointless) is giving out more tremendous free gifts, of course however, this is for Japan only.

In the past they have given out an exclsuive Tingle's Baloon fight for the DS (something which I believe GoronMerchant actually managed to get hold of) and a universal remote control shaped and designed like the wiimote. This time, the Japanese have a choice of two amazing gifts, probabbly the only thing they regret is not being able to get both.

------

The first gift is a super famicom (i.e. SNES) controller. However, this isn't one of the old controllers, this is actually a classic controller, that fits into the bottom of the wiimote, but is completely designed on the old controllers and looks almost identical! Great for playing Link to the past on the ol' VC.

The other gift is a 2-CD Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack, featuring all of the new and classic orchestrated tracks featuring in Super Mario Galaxy. Anyone who's played it (not me, just heard some of the music, because I'm at home, where iornically my copy of super mario galaxy got delivered, but my wii is back at my flat upcountry) will know just how amazing some of that music is.

There is a third gift, but that's a desktop calender that nobody cares about...

What can you do about it,? well I geuss there are three options
1) Move to Japan
2) Send angry e-mails to Nintendo of America or Europe or Australia
3)Pay extortionate prices on ebay

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='86991' date='Nov 17 2007, 03:38 PM']Yet again, Japan's club Nintendo, a site which gives free gifts away to people who rack up points buy buying Nintendo stuff (like stars on the NoE site, but not pointless) is giving out more tremendous free gifts, of course however, this is for Japan only.

In the past they have given out an exclsuive Tingle's Baloon fight for the DS (something which I believe GoronMerchant actually managed to get hold of) and a universal remote control shaped and designed like the wiimote. This time, the Japanese have a choice of two amazing gifts, probabbly the only thing they regret is not being able to get both.

------

The first gift is a super famicom (i.e. SNES) controller. However, this isn't one of the old controllers, this is actually a classic controller, that fits into the bottom of the wiimote, but is completely designed on the old controllers and looks almost identical! Great for playing Link to the past on the ol' VC.

The other gift is a 2-CD Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack, featuring all of the new and classic orchestrated tracks featuring in Super Mario Galaxy. Anyone who's played it (not me, just heard some of the music, because I'm at home, where iornically my copy of super mario galaxy got delivered, but my wii is back at my flat upcountry) will know just how amazing some of that music is.

There is a third gift, but that's a desktop calender that nobody cares about...

What can you do about it,? well I geuss there are three options
1) Move to Japan
3)Pay extortionate prices on ebay[/quote]

right then, i'll start doing option number 1.

Posted

Ahhh... me want cool stuff. :cry:

Posted

I do believe that that controller sounds mighty awesome.

Posted

Hah, cool.
We get ringtones and crappy wallpapers for our phones xP YAAYY.

Posted

most of which don't work :(

Actually, I want the item catch jingle as my text tone
coolest.text.tone.ever

Of course, it would help if I had a phone that worked

they're also supposed to be allowing you to convert them to wii points....at some point. They keep updating their agreement and adding things so you've got to accept or lose your stars, also, you now have to use them within a year, we're still waiting on the wii points thing, NoE suck...

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='87088' date='Nov 17 2007, 12:14 PM']they're also supposed to be allowing you to convert them to wii points[/quote]
That would be cool, I could really do with some wii points D:
I've only got 400 points =[ I can't get anything with that LOL!
[quote]NoE suck...[/quote]
It's true.

Posted

When I went to Japan I bought like 4 DS's and about 12 games.
I had like 5000 points, I'm pretty pissed off that I can't join.

Posted

Why did you buy 4 DSs? Did you end up giving them to your friends? Or did you just want the points that you couldn't spend :P

I might send an e-mail to ONM in their ask Nintendo section, like to see them come up with a reason for why we don't get any awesome stuff, when we're just as loyal...

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='86991' date='Nov 17 2007, 07:38 AM']1) Move to Japan
3) Pay extortionate prices on ebay[/quote]
Or 4) Be like me and have a friend who lives in Japan import things to you.

The US (and I'm sure the other ones) have other nice little benefits, like the opportunity to pre-order games and game promo discs. Nintendo stated that giving the benefits Club Nintendo Japan has to the other ones is too expensive (there are obviously more people in the US and EU than Japan, and funding for all of that would mean tremendous costs). Nintendo is already spending a great deal of money on Club Japan; it would cost a lot more to import everything, plus go over the translation for everything (even more spending in Europe with all the language barriers).

Besides, Japanese people are notorious for believing to have an air of superiority, so that may have something to do with Japanese exclusivity.

Posted

lol i'd like that

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='87406' date='Nov 18 2007, 09:39 PM']Why did you buy 4 DSs? Did you end up giving them to your friends? Or did you just want the points that you couldn't spend :P[/quote]
I bought them for family (and myself).
Seeing as how they're about 40 dollars cheaper there.

Posted

let Japan be exclusive, if that makes 'em happy. Be thankful to Nintendo. They gave us the best games ever created.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='87406' date='Nov 18 2007, 06:09 AM']Why did you buy 4 DSs? Did you end up giving them to your friends? Or did you just want the points that you couldn't spend :P

I might send an e-mail to ONM in their ask Nintendo section, like to see them come up with a reason for why we don't get any awesome stuff, when we're just as loyal...[/quote]

Well, we get crappy wii/DS decals to stick on our consoles LOL.
Or that metal zelda pin badge =/
WOO!

Posted

[quote name='FLIP' post='88273' date='Nov 20 2007, 10:09 PM']Well, we get crappy wii/DS decals to stick on our consoles LOL.
Or that metal zelda pin badge =/
WOO![/quote]

that metal pin badge isn't bad, but not as good as that stuff, PLUS that's not just a freebie for buying Nintendo, that comes with the magazine, which has gone way downhilll recently.

@SirJoshizzle: Didn't think of that, but I don't have a friend in Japan :(

Europe doesn't get anything cool, I'm aware the US gets some nice things, especially bonuses for pre-ordering stuff, but there doesn't seem to be any of that here. Only Nintendo freebies seem to be from ONM, as mentioned above.

Plus, these things are exclusive to Japan, it would be nice if they even SOLD them over here, because that way it would be worth it for them.

@Eyeoftruth, ah yes, but when you're in a section of people not benefiting as much as others, that's the reason for complaint.