Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If it was legal would you try it?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I have recently watched a news broadcast about this plant "Salvia Divinorum", in my state it is legal, in yours it probably is also legal. Almost a month ago I had one of those random thoughts that pop into your head "If marijuana was legal, Would Wal-mart sell it?" and I couldn't decide if they would. This plant Salvia Divinorum is seen on youtube daily and when people smoke it they go absolutely bonkers for 5 min. My thoughts are negative about consuming drugs, however I have always been curious about them.

The last thing I can think of that might stop me from trying Salvia Divinorum is that it will kill my braincells, and since I want to be a Robotic Engineer I don't want to lose any of them. But the average alcohol beverage kills its fair share of brain cells, Right?

What would you do? :gottriforce:

Posted

Id find out what kind of 'bonkers' it makes you first.

not taking something if you dont know what it does :P

Posted

No, just because you can, doesn't always mean you should. I agree with ZuZu, why on Earth would you take something if you don't know the full effects?

(I'll just stick to trusty ol' alcohol...)

Posted

I have never heard of this... When did this come about?

Posted

I have never heard of this... When did this come about?

It's a herb that you can ingest and it gets you high. Read The Fountain of Knowledge (Wikipedia!) for more.

Posted

Interesting... Thanks for the info

Posted

Always happy to help

On topic though... would you take it?

Posted

Drugs, even herbs, seem too unnatural for me. Anything that screws with your brain and makes you act differently probably isn't a good idea. I'm not really into drugs, so no. I probably wouldn't try it.

Posted

DRUGS ARE BAD!

NO!

Posted

I have done some research on the plant, as of now I have not found any long or short term negative effects. The seeds rarely germinate however a clipping of the plant in moist soil will sprout roots. Traditionally the plants leaves are chewed and adsorbed through the mouth causing the effects to be more subtle over half an hour, if smoked and held in the lungs the effect is more powerful over a 5 min period.

A comment from an actual experimenter "the plant is not addictive, after the third hit your sick of it. It has been over a month since my last trip, I might try it again"

the effects vary from becoming part of the furniture around you, seeing everything in 2d or cartoonish, to uncontrollable laughter.

Posted

1. yes ofc

2. How do you grow it/where can I buy it?

and yes wallmart would sell weed if they where allowed, they sell tobacco right?

Posted

I have seen everything on eBay for a fair price, the plant costs about $20 Here is an example

and dried leaves for $2 Here is an example

The places that I have visited claim that the plant is easily grown.

Posted

Ok I have decided, I am currently 18, an adult. However I am not 21, so right now I don't know as much as I will know when I am 21. So I am going to wait and think about it again at 21.

Thank you Members of Hyrule! for the advice and opinions

And thank you YouTubers for those interesting videos.

Posted

although you have researched it and such, and discovered nothing bad about it, it is still a drug/herb thing, and i wouldn't take the risk of trying it.

Posted

Odds are I wouldn't do it. Im not so much into that