Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

45 minutes across Hyrule in Twilight Princess; myHyrule

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Multiple reports have been coming in suggesting that it will take upwards of 45 minutes to get from one edge of Hyrule to the other. This suggests that Twilight Princess will be quite huge and have a lot of gameplay time.

Sorry for the lack of news lately. It's been very quite out here lately aside from the Tingle stuff. On a side note, if you would like to help beta test the new Hyrule.net service, [b][url="http://my.hyrule.net"]myHyrule[/url][/b], where you get FREE webhosting and a free @my.hyrule.net email address just go to [url="http://my.hyrule.net"]http://my.hyrule.net/[/url] and sign in with your forum login to set things up.

Posted

I heard about that too, I hope it's long, but maybe not THAT long...
more like 30 min. ? :)

Posted

WOOOOW BOY!!! THATS HUGE. :) I can't wait untile Wii will be in store! :D Does some one knows?? :huh:
Any way I heard how the bow work in the Wii System. I didn'd know or understood how it worked. :unsure: But know I know there are two sensor tools, in the Wiimote and the Nuchuck=Anolag stick.

----------
I so Exciting Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

When i Wii coming any way??? :unsure:

Posted

no, 45 mins has been confirmed and that's galloping across on a horse going at maybe 30mph? that makes it 22.5 miles across, so the area depends on how its measured

Hyrule is a square and the time is from side to side: 506.5 square miles
Hyrule is a square and the time is from corner to corner: about 250 square miles
Hyrule is a circle: almost 400 square miles

small bit of maths there for you :P
and nobody knows when the wii's coming out yet, but we'll probabbly know by the end of the week.

the size is good, and you've got to remember we'll still have things like the teleports to get around faster.

Posted

I just hope there will be teleporters again. Otherwise: :blink:

Posted

The 45 minute thing is good, but unless they are extremely evil at Nintendo, then i don't you will have to keep going all the way from one side to the other, although some side-quests might involve that.

Posted

damn 45mins by the time i get to 1 side of hyrule ill have to close the game so ya teleporters they better have them :D

Posted

OH, SNAP!!!! :o Wow, 45 minutes. There better be a lot of enemies around to make it more fun..... :D

Posted

Where did you hear this info at anyway? Like the amount of time being confirmed?

Posted

Awsome!!
Can you give us a link to one of the articals hinting at this?

And MyHyrule, GREAT IDEA!!
I'd LOVE to try it out!! :D :D

Posted

It's been confirmed ? :blink:

Posted

Epona better start training...

She's gonna be sore after crossing Hyrule field... :mellow:

Posted

That's hard to believe...i'm sure there will be portals or a quicker way to get about, but I think if you go on horse there will be many secrets, side quests and cool stuff which you will miss if you teleport all the time.

Posted

..........Can't forget those side quests. I hope there are hundreds of them. :P

Posted

Maybe it takes 45min. to take the normal route, and a shorter time for taking a shortcut...