Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda MMORPG

20 posts in this topic

Posted

On the topic of a Zelda MMORPG, I've been thinking about this since Wind Waker. It grew on me the more I thought about it. I just really think that could work. And the Wii lends to lots of PC-only franchises, like MMORPG or RTS. I was thinking of maybe a post-Wind Waker scenario.

I had this thought that maybe the Forbidden Fortress could've, over time, have been cleaned up and become a sort of town of its own. But with a big bazaar, and a fighting tourney on that middle area (where you fight Phantom Ganon the first time). You could get a ship in some quest (before that, you'd ride ferrys to get places) and then customize the ship however you want. And of course, find a way to incorporate some new and old dungeons into the mix, with multiplayer puzzles, maybe? Maybe not multiplayer puzzles that are necessary to get through the dungeon, but maybe one leading to a room with a special treasure. That way, it's not a problem if you want to play it through like a normal Zelda game. But at the same time, there could be lots of things to do, like boat races, or sword fights, or fishing competitions. You could have rival pirate gangs, so that you could war with one another. Also, they could expand the seas a bit to make room for people, adding a few islands along the way.

Anyway, that's too much thinking so far on my part. With decent-sized servers, the Zelda world could fit this genre (or this genre could be made to fit Zelda). Either way, a lot of what I just said could fit into a land-based game instead, maybe in OoT Hyrule, or TP? Either way, I'd love suggestions, comments, criticisms? :D

Discuss:

- My ideas

- Your ideas

- Other franchises that might make good MMORPGs

- Other franchises that could be brought out of their current genre into something different

Posted

That might work

Posted

I think Mario games would fit perfectly in MMORPG category... :D

Posted

Yea but who would u be and wat would u do?

Posted

With Mario? Well, I dunno. Could you be a human character, considering that there are only 4 or 5 humans in the whole Mario universe? (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, and I just remembered Daisy)

Races could be Toads, Koopas, Goombas, Shyguys, Boos, etc...the majority of species in the Mario universe are enemies, but there could be good and evil versions, like in Paper Mario. Oh, I forgot Yoshies. And there are a lot more.

As for what you would do...basically typical MMORPG fare. Obviously, some of those races are lacking hands, but here's how I would see it. The ones with hands can buy weapons, within a few classes of weapons that Nintendo would deem acceptable. By that, I mean a Toad swinging a sword might not be Nintendo's cup of tea. Although, maybe they could have a Knight class (considering that Toads are the race that guards Peach). Anyway, the races without hands could have different weaponry or things to buy. For example, Goombas could have hats with different weapons, maybe (again, Paper Mario). They could have spells (called something else, but it would really just be magic). And races would have different race-specific abilities, like a Boo can go invisible and be stealthy, like a rogue.

Posted

Errmmm, i only know this out of experience, but when i read the frist paragraph, it seemed you were talking about a RPG.... A MMORPG is something like there's infinite (Or, at least, a maximum which is near infinite) number of names, and feverything will be cliented, that means, whatever the players see, that's what they're doing, but they can see other players talk and do stuff, but not see what they're seeing.

Habbo, for example, isn't a RPG because all you do is go around "Rooms" and talk to people but RuneScape for example, is a really good MMORPG, maybe, i don't know, it took years to make all the stuff, and maybe days or weeks to come up with the JavaScript for the updates and add-ons ect. ect. ect. A Zelda MMORPG would be good to see, but other peoples' ideas are, what i think anyway, are more likly to be another Zelda game, but in RPG style, if you want to make a MMORPG, you'd probably have to make it something so people will play it, Player Vs. Players and to keep the upcost, you'd have to make members, and stuff appealing to none members

so that they want to become a member, that i think, is vital for making a MMORPG..... I think..

Posted

I know for a fact that Daedric Lord would make a girl character.

Posted

Lol, i am sure i wouldn't....

Posted

I disagree. I think that Four Swords would be good, only with more than just Green, Purple, Red and Blue Link, they could also have every coulour of the Rainbow and such, like Yellow and Black and Orange and Maybe even Pink....they could also maybe update the graphics to Wind Waker Sytle...... Hey you know what I just thought? We could merge this with the more Items section and discuss Great Ideas for Zelda games! Hmmmmm...... :unsure:

Posted

Errmmm, i only know this out of experience, but when i read the frist paragraph, it seemed you were talking about a RPG.... A MMORPG is something like there's infinite (Or, at least, a maximum which is near infinite) number of names, and feverything will be cliented, that means, whatever the players see, that's what they're doing, but they can see other players talk and do stuff, but not see what they're seeing.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. When I said MMORPG, I meant MMORPG.

Didn't think that would be confusing :rolleyes:

Posted

Great idea. I would buy it. :D But then again, I would buy pretty much anything reasonably priced that has to do with Zelda....... <_<

Posted

Same.

Posted

Why would you need to buy it if they put it onto a website....?

Posted

Well duh. The Wii will be online. ^_^ I buy it for that. Fun......

Posted

Yup. :)